A Swede in Bangkok

Hello, I want to introduce myself:

My name is Robert and I recently moved to Bangkok to study audio engineering after many years in the brewing/beverage industry. For the last 11 years I have worked as a brewmaster/head brewer at a Swedish brewery but now my interest in music has taken over and I want to go back to my old career as a radio DJ. I make electronic music (more info can be found www.bush.se).

In the mid 90's I worked at Grupo Modelo in Mexico and during my stay there I got interested in growing my own chiles. Back in Sweden I used the seeds from all the varieties that I bought in Mexico and have since then tried to keep them all alive. Unfortunately it was not possible to bring plants/seeds to Bangkok so I have to start fresh here, with what's available.

My favourites are Manzano, Guajillo, Caterinas, Arbol, Poblano to mention a few, and if anyone have seeds from these I would be more than happy to buy you a beer when/if you visit Bangkok! ;-)

Welcome from Thailand.
I would be shocked if you can find them here. Not impossible; but highly unlikely. The other option is to hope a member will send you some. Thailand allows seeds to come in. I've gotten all of mine from England; South Devon Chili Farm. A friend sent them over. That would be yet another possibility.
I'm not growing any of those varieties.

Welcome from Oakland, California. A Swede in Bangkok sounds like the title of a National Geographic "Locked Up Abroad" episode.....

Welcome, from Texas by way of Ohio!

Check out the Throwdown thread - the Throwdown for September starts this Friday, and we're looking for newbies to join in the fun. Hope to see you there!

G

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Thanks everyone for your welcoming greetings! I have now been promised some Poblano seeds from a friend in Sweden so I look forward to that. Meanwhile I have to hoover the local markets for interesting looking chiles!

/Rob

Back