• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A Yellow Jonah

It looksa like a Jonah , the seeds were from a Jonah and its brothers and sisters look like they will be red. They flowers and fruits and plants all look identical except this one has yellow fruit. Maybe I will have to stabilise it and call it Moby Dick.
IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

My Jonahs from last year started light green, turned yellow, turned a peachy colour and then red. Leave them a while longer and they still may turn red.

My Jonahs from last year started light green, turned yellow, turned a peachy colour and then red. Leave them a while longer and they still may turn red.

Yeah I wondered about that still one can hope it stays yellow. I saw someone posted pics of a yellow douglah so I thought Maybe. I will keep you posted on its colour. I seem to have a shitload of yellow frui this years, must be global warming.:beer:

i would also be interested in knowing the flavour in the yellow and should it happen(if they turn red) compared to the red mature fruit. keep us posted.

Long live moby dick! A yellow jonah would be awesome! Good luck stabilizing I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks Lazy
i would also be interested in knowing the flavour in the yellow and should it happen(if they turn red) compared to the red mature fruit. keep us posted.

I will be keeping a close eye on it and will keep you posted
Very nice, congratulations. I think that the color will be yellow, welcome moby dick ;)
Thanks mate, it does look pretty set in its colour doesnt it. Time will tell.

Is it an entire plant or just the one pod that's yellow?

I think Chris does something to his seeds to make them grow and confuse us. ;) Hope you can repeat it.

Was it from my original seed? :) I hope it stays yellow. Nice looking pod!

Chris

This one did come from you, I just went and looked at the tag. Is our climate that much different, I am wondering why the mutations are occurring. My trini scorps are all gnarly and bumpy except for a few and the yellow 7s have the shape variation too, I am not upset though I am pleased to get different pods.
Marc

Is it an entire plant or just the one pod that's yellow?

I think Chris does something to his seeds to make them grow and confuse us. ;) Hope you can repeat it.

It looks like the entire plant as there are a few starting to colour up yellow now I have 7 Jonah plants..Maybe he futs food colouring in the water. Its cool eh Patrick.?

Back