• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Add-It Fertilizer Injector Review

So i bought a "Add-It" fertilizer injector. Just the pint sized one. They do have 1.5 quart, 2 gallon, 3 gallon, 5, 10 gallon ones too. More info can be found here: http://fertilizerdis...ices/add-it.htm

I just wanted a good way to get a consistent flow of fertilizer for my 100 1-GPH drip emitters without any pressure loss or installing by-pass valves. The unit is preset at 1:200 dilution. Pretty much ~1 tablespoon per gallon kind of dilution. It empties out the 1-pint tank in 35 gallons. Which means for my case, 100 1-GPH = 1.667 GPM. Since it does 35 gallons / 1.6667 GPM = 21 minutes of fertigation. Which is not bad, i run an extra 10 mins of clear water to clear out the system.

My first try is 5-1-1 alaska fertilizer emulsion. When you use this system, for fish emulsion , you must do a 1:1 dilution with water. Anyways here is the setup. I used pvc to keep the fertigation tank up.

From the pic its the:

pvc line to containers <= pressure regulator <= add-it fertigation unit <= water filter <= backflow preventer <= hose from mail line

P1030074.jpg

It seems to do a pretty good job. I smelled the water coming out the drip lines, and it stanks! mission accomplished :)

I just installed one of these as well. I'm only using it for 8 4 GPH emitters which will run 4 minutes every other day. Doing that, I will only have to refill the injector once every month. I'm running right at the minimum flow rate for it to operate properly. We'll see how it works in the long run for me.

Back