• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

recipe-help Adding frozen fruit

Can anyone tell me if it is ok to use frozen fruit when making hot sauce? I have frozen peaches, kiwis and mango that I’d like to add. I’d appreciate any advice as I’m new to making sauces and fresh fruit is limited here at this time of the year and expensive.

I think it is not a problem to use frozen fruits, if you then cook them and check the PH of the sauce. If you just want to eat the sauce in the following days, you can also put it in the fridge and skip these steps.

Thank you. I was thinking that it should be fine if cooked and the ph tested, but it is great to have it confirmed by someone with experience.

Last edited:
Frozen fruit is a great option!
Whether using home fruits harvested in season or retail/food service purchased. You can also freeze fresh chiles and cook/process when you have time.

The sauce using frozen ingredients might be a little thinner than using fresh ingredients. You might have to cook down the sauce or add ingredients that aid thickening.

Have Fun!
Salsalady

Back