• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

aero garden

My son gave me his aero garden and so I thought I would try it for starting seeds and so far out of 7 seeds I have 5 germinated! Thats the best germination I have had so far so I am happy! Does anyone here use this and if so can you give me some advice? Thanks pappy

i have 4 homemade aero setup, they are bubbling behind me - i made them from recycled material and roughly based on the aerogarden design(except the lighting). i have the air pumps on a timer and they run from 8-12 in the morning then 8-12 in the evening. of course i don't have a mechanized system to tell me when to add nutrient, this i have to depend on my trusty, rusty, brain.

the real key is getting the roots to reach for the nutrient, if this doesn't happen you won't see the explosive growth and the plants will take on the stalled growth of a soil plant that is not getting nutrients through its rooting system.

each tote has room for 8 plants, the single mayonaise jar holds a fatalii. the totes have various bhuts, scorpians,sevens, datil, rocoto, bonda ma jacques, choc hab and i just moved a weak scotch bonnet from soil into the dwc(it shares a cell with a datil that i also moved from soil due to slow growth).

HPIM1956.jpg

and if you can't find nutrients, feel free to make your own. any granular fertilizer should do, i use what i have, i started with 10-52-10 when the plants were very small, then moved up to 15-15-30.

My son gave me his aero garden and so I thought I would try it for starting seeds and so far out of 7 seeds I have 5 germinated! Thats the best germination I have had so far so I am happy! Does anyone here use this and if so can you give me some advice? Thanks pappy

I have a aerogarden at work. See my post here

I used Flora nova/grow/bloom liquid nutes which work great. I've grown super chillis and thai birds eye peppers. I've tried bhut jolokia, but that is too big to fit into a aerogarden. Mine eventually died.

Good luck!

the AG is great for germinating and growing seedlings to a good size for a transplant outside. i have 6 diff. hot peppers in process of germinating at the moment. it has grown many things for me. good luck

Back