• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

afr0n0mes first ever grow :D

Well i started not knowing wtf i was doing. I have never GROWN ANYTHING from seed or grown anything in general so take it ez on me. This is my first year and i'm learning everyday ! 

I started with about 12 varieties which included: 

Yelow Fatalli   ( swartmamaba ) 
Choc Fatalli ( swartmamaba ) 
Red Bhut jolokia ( frankie )
White Bhut jolokia ( pepperlover )
Scotch bonnet ( swartmamaba ) 
Corni di toro ( wickedmike )
dragon cayenne ( wickedmike )
reaper ( koreansoul )
brainstrain yellow ( pepperlover )
white congo ( pepper lover )
douglah ( swartmamaba ) 
7pot white ( pepperlover )
aji dulce ( ikf )

and did i mention that i didn't label a thing ? hah i figured since it was my first grow ever i would be happy getting any kind of pod :D ( ok i cheated i know where the reapers are... but hey i wanted to keep those in check ! ) 

Well i'll start with some pics and a lay of the "land" Here goes nothing

The old paper towel/plastic ziploc container on top of my fridge did the trick just fine !  i started labeling then said .. f**k it... hahaha
IHGdyeV.jpg

and it begins ! 

0dAwQnR.jpg

AjpDfuj.jpg

After doing some reading and researching found myself an aero garden ! time to dive into hydro as well !

this is where the reapers are as of right now
VD6CMun.jpg

jimbo53 said:
Nice looking plants, if you don't mind me asking what type of grow set up are you using?
Specifics ? a simple t8 4 foot 4 bulb t8 fixture and a couple of cfls providing more light from the sides and using emergency blankets for a bit of light reflection back to the plants.
All sitting in a 1g containers. Nothing fancy.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     First time, my ass! you're a ringer! Those plants look super happy. What kind of soil and nutes are you using?
I'm not even joking, this is my first time growing anything lol i lost like half the seedlings at the beginning but i kept at it and right now have very happy plants.

Soil i'm using is a mixture of pro-mix potting soil and peat moss with a layer of sand on top for aphids but i'm losing the sand every time the soil dries up and contracts.
Nuts i'm using at the momment is botanicare pure blend grow pro and thats it like at 1/4 strenght.

Back