• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

African Fish

Got this in a seed exchange and have no clue what it is. Have done a lot of searching and found no such thing. So, is there another name for this? Can anyone give me some information on this?

it was actually in a parcel exchange on this site. First time I had ever done one of those. Saw those in there and they kinda caught my eye so I took one seed out. I was searching for it online and couldn't find. I did find Fish Pepper on the pepper database and said origin was Africa...I guess I had one of those Mr. Obvious moments and "never made the connection" :) ...fish pepper from africa..hence african fish pepper...whats pooper say? Im a ra-tard

the fish peppers in southern America has a African origin. and was used by african -american's those days in their cooking. "fish" because it was used to cook with fish..seafood meals

an old email /forum

My link
go read it if you have not yet..

the fish peppers in southern America has a African origin. and was used by african -american's those days in their cooking. "fish" because it was used to cook with fish..seafood meals

an old email /forum

My link
go read it if you have not yet..

Thats pretty interesting srin. I only took 1 seed out of the parcel so I can't try both ways but if I am successful in growing this plant, I may have to stress a few next year and see what happens! Thanks for the info

mmcdermott1, you will like it. It grows verieagated (sp?) meaning green and white leaves and some of the peppers are striped as well. It eventually ripens to red and I loved the taste of it. Makes a great powder.

I started growing these a few years ago. My wife was at a local nursery and picked it up for me. She does that if she sees something I don't have....way cool. I've pickled it, not so good. But fresh and dried I've enjoyed both ways.

Got this in a seed exchange and have no clue what it is. Have done a lot of searching and found no such thing. So, is there another name for this? Can anyone give me some information on this?
I had a sense of deja vu reading these posts. Recently hosted a pepper swap on another forum, and had heard of Fish, but Midwestchilehead sent it in labeled as African Fish. When I researched it, I came to the conclusion that it was the same thing. Anyway, just sowed mine a couple of days ago. Can't wait to try it! Thanks John!

Back