Ahoy hoy from New York

UnNatural said:
thank you as well sir

Where in the city are you? Know of anywhere to score fresh superhots? Or even habaneros?

You should be able to get them at Whole Foods, dude. In fact, my best friend lives on W 50th st. and 8th ave and theres an organic grocery store about 2 or so blocks north of him on 8th that had habs in the produce section the last time i was there a few years ago.

DEFCON Creator said:
Greetings from Defcon HQ...

Hey Defcon, I hit your site - going to be taking the "plunge". What do you recommend for a first buy? I am a collector but want to make my first batch of 2009 wings with your sauce as well.
BTW- I like it hot...
Cheers!

Born and raised in NY. I work in the city, Upper West Side, but i recently moved onto the "raft" still in the boroughs but on the island. Bayside, Queens.

I can definitely find a nice variety of hots if i go to the latin and west indian hoods in queens, but it's not convenient. I'll just have to stock up more whenever i go i guess. Most of the produce stands just have the basic stuff. I'm gonna keep looking for little ethnic markets that are more convenient.

I guess i was hoping someone would say "Upper West side? There's a huge exotic pepper store right there, i get 7 pots, fataliis, naga's there all the time!" - One can always hope right?

Caustic Casey said:
Hey Defcon, I hit your site - going to be taking the "plunge". What do you recommend for a first buy? I am a collector but want to make my first batch of 2009 wings with your sauce as well.
BTW- I like it hot...
Cheers!

Get the Leviathon or whatever he calls it and a bottle of DM MKII if you like it hot. Then you have a good mix for whomever you are cooking wings for. If it's just for you then you just mix a little more DM MKII with the Defcon 3.
UnNatural said:
Born and raised in NY. I work in the city, Upper West Side, but i recently moved onto the "raft" still in the boroughs but on the island. Bayside, Queens.

I can definitely find a nice variety of hots if i go to the latin and west indian hoods in queens, but it's not convenient. I'll just have to stock up more whenever i go i guess. Most of the produce stands just have the basic stuff. I'm gonna keep looking for little ethnic markets that are more convenient.

I guess i was hoping someone would say "Upper West side? There's a huge exotic pepper store right there, i get 7 pots, fataliis, naga's there all the time!" - One can always hope right?

I'm sure there's someone there somewhere you just have to find them. Welcome UnNatural. You a Yankee fan? I am as if the avatar didn't give it away.

Back