• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Air temperature for seedlings

I just put a thermometer into my lighted grow box and it is up to 88*. Is this a good temperature for my 2 week old seedlings? How hot is too hot for seedlings? Any other temperature thoughts or wisdom?

Main thing - keep an eye on moisture.
Do you have ventilation? or fans?

Main thing - keep an eye on moisture.
Do you have ventilation? or fans?
No fans. I figure cool air (68*) can flow in from the bottom, heat up to 88* and escape through the top. My growing area is by no means sealed up, so there should be some air flow.

Post up some pix of your 2-wk babies, or they didn't really happen.... :cool:

I'd say 88F is pushing their fun envelope, they might get spindly (leggy) without a fan to toughen the stems and distribute the heat. But ultimately, everyone "grows their own way." (Wait..is that a song?)

Post up some pix of your 2-wk babies, or they didn't really happen.... :cool:

I'd say 88F is pushing their fun envelope, they might get spindly (leggy) without a fan to toughen the stems and distribute the heat. But ultimately, everyone "grows their own way." (Wait..is that a song?)

+1

You're talking about seedlings right? They have all germinated correct?
It will be hard to regulate the moisture and they'll be much happier around 80°F.

I like Fleetwood Mac. :whistle:

Do your plants a favor and get a fan. Doesn't have to be big either. Run it for 10-15 minutes a few times a day. That should help cool things down a bit and strengthen the stalks.

Back