Aji Caballero seeds for SASE - CLOSED

Hi everyone. My Aji Caballero is finally taking off and really putting out some decent number of pods. I dont see much talk about them and I like these plants very much. To me it produces and grows better then my Tabasco, just a bit smaller of a pod.

here is a link to my post about them. These plants are kept on a separate side of the house completely away from any other fruiting pepper, and sadly we have no bees this year here in Orlando :( :( so i feel that these should be pure. THey should ripen in the next couple of weeks.

Since this is my first time here is what i would like. First 10 people (keeping it small as i have never done this before) to PM/ Ask to get some will be in. Second thing, is please tell me what you think will be better, sending the Ripened pods or just seeds, and majority rule wins. :) These peppers take on a nice orange hue before turning red. I will pick them off somewhere between those stages so the peppers wont be to ripe or soft when they get to you if you want pods.

here is the link to my post on my Aji Caballero

thanks
Gabe

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/24436-first-year-pods-plants/

List so far: Updated 9/6/2011 22:13

1) Edgie
2) Hot Stuff
3) Smokemaster
4) Hixs
5) Roper2008
6) kamo33
7) kentishman
8) hendrix1326
9) chile_freak
10) Pepper Joe

I will keep the list updated. They really are good small peppers, i know they are not superhots, but they cook up really well and i think have a bit more flavor (heat builds up on these imo rather then tabasco which hits me right away)

Thanks
Gabe

I am intrigued by this offer. Is the Caballero a Baccatum variety? I'll send the PM shortly! Oh, definitely pods!

-Karl

Actually I believe its a Frutescens not a Baactum.

Here is a pick of the pods and plant growing :)

Plant
AjiCaballero3.jpg

Pods
AjiCaballero4.jpg

I am going to update the list as tonight i think we are up to 8 people

thanks

I think we have our 10 if i am not mistaken. If i can do this right and not mess up, and have seeds left over i will reopen the list. I am trying to keep the number small my first time around. Sorry to anyone else, but i believe i will have more soon.

Thanks
Gabe

Pepper Joe PM answered,

Thanks

Update folks, the pods have not ripened, but man there are alot of them coming up. So I am checking every day to see if any are turning orangish. I find that Orangish color is better then red. when they are red they get kind of mushy. still good but mushy. It seems to be the same for my Tabasco and the seeds germinate just fine from orange pods. If you guys think i should wait until the pods are full red please let me know. You all undoubtedly have more experience then me in this.

Thanks
Gabe

Just a update, I have received 4 envelopes so far. I was able to pick up two ripe pods, i got the seeds from them and i am sending with each seed packet two green pods, just so you can get a feel for the pepper. I hope everyone enjoys and keep me posted on how well they do. Everyone else that hasnt sent in yet. COME ON PEOPLE :) dont fall asleep on me now :) it will be another two weeks or so but more are coming up.

Back