Aji Mango

Hope to have some fairly soon....
If Judy's still out later in the season, PM me for some OP seeds.

IMG_8559s.JPG

Eating a small aji mango that is tear drop shape 8 not hot at all till the end then a bit of heat ,slightly sweet an has a orange like flavor
I picked the biggest one that was different than all the rest friend thought it was a Habanero till I told him what it was.
I have some that are like little bonnets an some that are long the horn worms like those .

Plantguy76 said:
Here is a pheno of Aji Mango on one of my plants
I got seeds form Trident & Sawyer so don't know who's this came from but plant to save seed form it & maybe over winter the plant
I have this same pheno.very productive plant as well.

On the verge of my first mango!

AjiMango.jpg

Looks like I have the "Pumpkin" version, for better or worse.  
Gonna give it another day or two...

D3monic said:
I have two phenos, one flat, ovalish shaped and a longer one 

I think the longer ones taste much better. 

Interesting!

I wanted to try Ajis for this fall (in my tiny indoor space) and one of the two is from the only source of Mango seeds I found: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-Rare-Organic-Aji-Mango-Premium-Pepper-Seeds-D-23/292267220416

Will be interesting to see what pheno they are if it develops as it should.

(I hope it's ok to revive this rather old thread; there isn't another with the same information and focus that I've found)

chelicerae said:

Interesting!

I wanted to try Ajis for this fall (in my tiny indoor space) and one of the two is from the only source of Mango seeds I found: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-Rare-Organic-Aji-Mango-Premium-Pepper-Seeds-D-23/292267220416

Will be interesting to see what pheno they are if it develops as it should.

(I hope it's ok to revive this rather old thread; there isn't another with the same information and focus that I've found)

Be sure to dry and powder a few of them!  IMO these are one of the best ground peppers I've grown.

Does anyone know what's going on with my aji mangos? Several of the peppers are getting this brown coloration starting from the stem. It's not the nice orange color (one of them [not in this pic] is starting to ripen, showing color on the blossom end). I have seen some sharpshooters on my plants - could that be the issue or is this something else? None of my other plants have this going on (53 other types in my garden). Please let me know if you have an idea! Thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4175.jpeg
    IMG_4175.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 23
Back