chinense Aji Painapple (Aji Pineapple X Butch T yellow scorpion)

I'm glad everyone really likes these. I'm going to overwinter one the plants just in case I can't get any seeds to germ. I've read second gen of baccatum x chinense have really poor germ rates. The virtual lack of seeds in the pods doesn't get my hopes up.

Going to try making a mash or ferment from these.

Can't wait to try it. Going to try the rest of the box tonight. I couldn't do anymore after that Dgoat the other night. I really like that Wild Orange Brazil too.

D3monic said:
So far it seems like this cross is a pretty big hit. I've sent samples to lots of people and everyone enjoys it. Hopefully we can use this thread next year to keep up on f2 growth for those that decided to try growing it. 

so how's it going?
did your overwinter f1 survive?
did you get some f2 plants going?

i know you've probably posted about it elsewhere but it's nice to have it in this topic is easily find-able via search.

juanitos said:

so how's it going?
did your overwinter f1 survive?
did you get some f2 plants going?

i know you've probably posted about it elsewhere but it's nice to have it in this topic is easily find-able via search.

I ended up not over wintering it unfortunately. 

I have 4 plants going this year. 3 that look very baccatum and one that looks more chinense though I haven't seen any flowers on it yet. Lots more are growing it as well. I know peter stanley has a handful going in kratky hydro set ups. 

seems like very few of the people that asked for seeds on premise they would participate in community grow thread are doing as they agreed. Though I guess it's early in the season as well. 

Looks like most of the aji painapple this year have chinense flowers. One still pending 

PL0Oaxa.jpg

I am overwintering one of my F1's and I have an F2 going.

Here is a pic of the F1:
Wu4iIsn.jpg

Looks like a pod is growing on it....
tKzVjmg.jpg

My one surviving F2 is not in the best shape but it does appear to be doing well despite my earlier problems.  I potted it up in a container.  Here is a pic:
7IF2ZAp.jpg

Here's two of the four plants. First one is the chinense looking one

lajgG0t.jpg

This one, i'm tempted to throw away because it has bacteria or fungus problems. Stems have black and spots all over them. But it's also the only one that has developed any pods. 

NsyJCqF.jpg

other two are identical so far and look just like any other bacattum that isn't podding yet. 

qandeel said:
Hey D3, how is this progressing?

None of them were overly impressive to me this year. I might grow out some more f2 next years and see if anything worthwhile pops up. 

Back