• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AJIJOE'S 2013 GROW LOG

HELLO ALL!!

i have just started my seeds(2/19/13)

and this is the unofficial list so far (WILL EDIT AS I GO)

here goes

FIDALGA ROXA
7 POT BRAIN STRAIN YELLOW
MUSTARD BHUT JOLOKIA (exp)
WHITE FATALII
CHOCOLATE LIGHTNING HAB
CONDOR BEAK HAB
PURPLE HAB
PITANGA MORANGO
TS MORUGA BLEND
MUSTARD TS
PEACH TS
AJIJOE' RED SCORPANERO#1
AJIJOES RED SCORPANERO # 3 (W/STINGER)
AJIJOE'S CHOCO HAND GRENADE HAB #1
AJIJOE'S CAPPUCCINO SCORPANERO (2ND GEN EXP)
AUSTRALIAN LANTERN HAB
PEACH AUSTRALIAN LANTERN HAB (mutation off yellow species 2ND GEN EXP)
WILD BRAZIL
NOVA'S 7 POT w.a.l.
AJI PINEAPPLE
VARIEGATED TRI-COLOR
PEACH HABALOKIA #1
PEACH HABALOKIA #2
YELLOW HABALOKIA #2 (EXP)
GOLDEN MARCONI SWEET
AUSTRALIAN MULTI-COLOR
MAKO AKOKOSRADE (GHANA)
BONDA MA JAQUES
YELLOW MONKEYFACE CHILE
7 POT  BURGUNDY
DILEY'S SWEET TAMWORK BIRDSEYE
NAGA MORICH BOMBAY
7 POT BROWN
ZAVORY
BANAJUL MARKET (GHANA)
AJIJOES CAPPUCCINO NUGGET HAB
MARABA X
FIDALGA AMERELA
INFINITY
TIGER TEETH HAB (GUYANA)
SCARLET LANTERN

HABANERO GALAPAGOS (ISABELLA ISLAND) (not C. Galapoganese)
AJI OMNI-COLOR
PEACH BHUT
NAGA MORICH BOMBAY
FIDALGA AMERELA
SCARLET LANTERN
MORUGA YELLOW
FISH X UCHUTAKI ORNAMENTAL (small red flattened and blunt fruit,has green and white variegated leaves, small compact plant) "MINI FISH"
BOLIVIAN SMALL RED
PURPLE FLASH
CALICO
YELLOW FRUIT/BLK LEAF UNKNOWN
BOLIVIAN SM RED X #1 (SHORT STOUT RED FRUIT)
BOLIVIAN SM RED X #2 (SMALLER FRUIT GOES FROM GREEN TO BLACK TO RED)
FILIUS BLUE
RED THAI
CHILE AMANDA (SANGRIA X? LONG RED FRUIT) NAMED IN HONOR OF MY LATE NIECE)
AJI TEAPOT RED
HOT LEMON (AKA AJI LIMON)
C. PREATERMISSUM
CAPPUCCINO PAPER LANTERN HAB
YELLOW LIGHTNING HAB
SM PEACH LANTERN HAB
PICO DE PAJARO
MULTI COLOR JALAPENO
AUSTRALIAN BUSH FIRE (AUSTRALIAN LANTERN X WEST INDIAN RED)
PEACH BHUT
RED AJI BOLSA DE DULCE
AJI YELLOW
SURISE TRINIDAD SCORPION
JAYS PEACH GHOST SCORPION
JAYS RED GHOST SCORPION
BOLIVIAN SMALL RED
YELLOW FRUIT VARIAGATED TRI-COLOR
AJIJOES HANGING BEAUTY (ORNAMENTAL)
EXPLOSIVE IGNITE
MAUI PURPLE
TRIFETTI X?
RED BHUT
RED HABALOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LIGHTNING
SAVINA RED
TIGER TEETH HAB (GUYANA)
BONDA MA JAQUES

This is an ongoing list not done yet

thanks enjoy your friend Joe

Thought I send it to you since I grew it last season :) I do remember where I got the cappuccino bhut from, from the same person I got the Pimenta Leopard from, mascalzone. A great Italian grower :clap:
oh i thought i was the only one that was developing the cappuccino bhut i had no idea that someone else had them also?? i wonder where he got them from?? nine chances out of ten they where from me originally i handed out many , before i started developing it i saw nothing about it, but all in all it really dosnt matter, i hold no patent on them
im still waiting for them to germinate hope they do, i wanna see if there any different from mine
im glad i have one leopard though, i just planted the rest of them because so far i only had one out of 4 pop

thanks your friend Joe

thanks your friend Joe

just planted some

CAPPUCCINO SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE TEARDROP HAB (exp)

also have a Black Naga that popped last night :party:
and have a hook from my "RED AJI BOLSA DE DULCE"
things seem to slow down some not sure why?? but i know things will be fine ;)
THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

I think there comes a point where it's just the 'difficult' seeds that are left and waiting to pop. Not sure why some just decide to wait. They just want the extra attention I guess.

just planted some

BLACK CHILE HYBRID (ornamental)
PURPLE FLASH
also planted more of these as an insurance policy

AJI YELLOW
JAY STRAIN GHOST SCORP RED
JAY STRAIN GHOST SCORP PEACH
AJIJOES RED SCORPANERO #1
AJIJOES CAPPUCCINO NUGGET HAB
WHITE GIANT HAB
BLACK NAGA
ORANGE AJI TEAPOT
RED AJI TEAPOT

thanks your friend Joe

The word Galapagos can even make a hab sound interesting ;)

What's the story with this one?
i dont really know

i got them from Meatfreak this year
all i know is that it said "HABANERO GALAPAGOS ISABELLA island"

meat if your on here can you enlighten us please?

Hej Joe. Best of luck with the season!
I see you're adding some uniqe pepperd to the growing list.
thank you my friend
yes i really like the unique ones
im actually half Hungarian by decent,my ancestors can be traced bac to a small town on the souther border with Romania, its called MAZEO-BERNIE

THANKS YOUR FRIEND Joe

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

And I got them from Silver Surfer, which got them from JungleRain. When you search for the name you don't find a lot, only the few topics that people made when growing it. Then I started to search on the accession number PI 585278 and found some more info.

Full scientific name: Capsicum chinense
tom.gif
Country of collection or source: Ecuador
Regeneration month and year: 2007
Other accession designations: Ecu 2256
Provider institute code: USA996

Now this one says it came from Ecuador. The Galapagos Islands are part of Ecuador. Then I found some more info on the ars-grin site, Agricultural Research Service - Germplasm Resources Information Network.

The following were donated by J. Estsella E., INIAP, Plant Genetic Resources
Department, Casilla Postal 340, Quito, Ecuador. Received 01/04/1993.

PI 585278. Capsicum chinense Jacq.
Ecu 2256; Grif 11924. Collected in Galapagos Islands , Ecuador . Latitude
o deg. 58' S. Longitude 91 deg. 0' W. Elevation 5 m. Isabela.

So, is it a Habanero? I highly doubt that, it's just a name given to it by someone. It only has the accession number from the seedbank it's coming from originally. Sure, Galapagos Isabela Red is a fitting name for this variety and it is indeed collected on the Galapagos, the Isabela island to be specific. I'm growing this one myself also and will try to isolate the pods I save seeds from. To try and keep the strain pure as possible, I don't think Silver Surfer isolated them but I'm not sure about that.

And I got them from Silver Surfer, which got them from JungleRain. When you search for the name you don't find a lot, only the few topics that people made when growing it. Then I started to search on the accession number PI 585278 and found some more info.

Full scientific name: Capsicum chinense
tom.gif
Country of collection or source: Ecuador
Regeneration month and year: 2007
Other accession designations: Ecu 2256
Provider institute code: USA996

Now this one says it came from Ecuador. The Galapagos Islands are part of Ecuador. Then I found some more info on the ars-grin site, Agricultural Research Service - Germplasm Resources Information Network.

The following were donated by J. Estsella E., INIAP, Plant Genetic Resources
Department, Casilla Postal 340, Quito, Ecuador. Received 01/04/1993.

PI 585278. Capsicum chinense Jacq.
Ecu 2256; Grif 11924. Collected in Galapagos Islands , Ecuador . Latitude
o deg. 58' S. Longitude 91 deg. 0' W. Elevation 5 m. Isabela.

So, is it a Habanero? I highly doubt that, it's just a name given to it by someone. It only has the accession number from the seedbank it's coming from originally. Sure, Galapagos Isabela Red is a fitting name for this variety and it is indeed collected on the Galapagos, the Isabela island to be specific. I'm growing this one myself also and will try to isolate the pods I save seeds from. To try and keep the strain pure as possible, I don't think Silver Surfer isolated them but I'm not sure about that.
thanks my friend very enlightening, im going to write the # on tag, i planted all the seeds you gave me and so far i have 3 that popped im very interested in this one
thanks your friend Joe

thanks my friend very enlightening, im going to write the # on tag, i planted all the seeds you gave me and so far i have 3 that popped im very interested in this one
thanks your friend Joe

Your welcome buddy! I got 3 seedlings also, 100% germination over here. Got some more that I'm interested in this season like the green chinense and the bhut mustard you send me. Also got an interesting variety from the Maldive Islands and the Coyote Zan White which looks great to me :)

Your welcome buddy! I got 3 seedlings also, 100% germination over here. Got some more that I'm interested in this season like the green chinense and the bhut mustard you send me. Also got an interesting variety from the Maldive Islands and the Coyote Zan White which looks great to me :)
YEAH THEY ARE AT THE TOP PART OF MY LIST OF SPECIES I WANNA SEE PROSPER! :dance: :fireball: :onfire:

im glad your interested in those i somehow knew you would be interested in them, your alot like me in many respects, you like the unusual species you just dont see everyday and the interesting crosses as well

they others sound cool also

keep in touch with the progress on all especially the two mustard types
i have 3 MUSTARD BHUT babies under way right now, i didn't plant the Green Chinese

thanks your friend Joe

I will, Joe. I got 2 Bhut Mustard's and 3 Green Chinense, looking forward to their growth and will start to document the progress as soon as I re-potted them :) Like last season I will document most of the varieties I'm growing, photo's and growth.

I will, Joe. I got 2 Bhut Mustard's and 3 Green Chinense, looking forward to their growth and will start to document the progress as soon as I re-potted them :) Like last season I will document most of the varieties I'm growing, photo's and growth.
:party:

Back