• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AJIJOE'S 2014 GROWLOG

hello all well here i go again

this is just the start of things to come (still quite early)

maybe i should not give away all my secrets?? LOL ;)
ok here go!! :dance:
GROW LIST 2014

-MAKO AKOKOKSRADE (Persianinja)
-“MA” WIRI WIRI
-AJI YELLOW
-AJI PINEAPPLE
-AJI OMNI-COLOR
-AJI TEAPOT ORANGE (project)
-WHITE GIANT HAB (project)
- “BLUSHING DUTCHMAN” HAB (CGN 21500 X 7 pot Barrakpore) (project)
-RED CUMARI (project)
-WILD BRAZIL
-BLACK OLIVE (AMANDA’S MG)(JIM WEAVER)
-SANGRIA (Amanda’s MG)
-AUSTRALIAN LANTERN
-7 POT BROWN
-MUSTARD BHUT
-PURPLE FLASH (Amanda’s MG)(JIM WEAVER)
-GALAPAGOS RED HAB (ISABELLA ISLAND)
-AJIJOES CHOCOLATE TEARDROP HAB (from 2013 pods 2014 project)
-MARABA X (exp project new seed from 2013 pods)
-CARAMEL BHUT (Darthpepper)
-AJIJOE’S Yellow “DATILARI”(project)
-HAWAIIAN KONA PEPPER (Amanda’s MG)
-WEST INDIAN RED X (mushroom shaped pod) (project)
-RED VARIAGATED TRI-COLOR(red) (AMANDA’S MG)
-CHINESE 5 COLOR (Amanda’s MG)
-JAY’S PEACH GHOST SCORPION (JAY WEAVER)
-JAY’S RED GHOST SCORPION (JAY WEAVER)
-YELLOW MORUGA TS
-UNKNOWN YELLOW FRUIT BLACK LEAFED ORNAMENTAL
- BOLIVIAN SMALL ORANGE (mutation of red species) OUTSIDE FENCE
-MUSTARD LIGHTNING HAB(JIM WEAVER)
-AJI PANCA
-CGN 24360 (PEPPERLOVER)
-CGN 20800 (PEPPERLOVER)
-AJI BOLSA DE DULCE RED #1
-PURPLE HAB W/ STINGER(2GODS)

-YELLOW 7 POT CHAGUANAS (2 GODS)
-7 POT BUBBLEGUM (2GODS)
-BHUT JOLOKIA ORANGE COPENHAGEN STRAIN(2GODS)
-BILLY BOY DOUGLAH BROWN (2GODS)
-7 POT CHAGUANAS YELLOW (2GODS)

7 POT CHAGANAS RED(2GODS)
-PINK TIGER (Bhut X Pimenta Do Nayde) (2GODS)
-BOLIVIAN BUMPY HAB (2GODS)
AJI LIANERO( BHUTCAMP)

PITANGA CAFE AMERALIA (Pitanga Cafe X Pitanga Ameralia)
ORANGE RACAMIDO (Orange version of red ornamental) (Amanda's mg)
MALDIVIAN HEART HABANERO(CHRIS PHILLIPS)
HOT ECUADOR(JIM WEAVER)
ZAVORY (AMANDA'S MG)
SWEET HABANERO(JIM WEAVER)
SHABU SHABU JOLOKIA (JEDISUSHI)
FLAMING SHAI X
TRINIDAD PERFUME
BLACK PEARL X(AMANDAS MG)
EXPLOSIVE IGNITE
DILLY STREET TAMWORK BIRDSEYE (BHUTCAMP)
BLACK STINGER HAB(JIM WEAVER)
UCHUTAKI
TRIFETTI
CHILLY CHILI (MENOTUME)
RAINFOREST (NIGEL)

i welcome your comments :party:

thanks your friend Joe

Dang, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble this year Joe. Hopefully the weather sorts itself out and temps start rising for you.

it rained so hard last night i asked my friend if he knew how to build an ark?

thanks all maybe it will clear out soon

on a possitive note, i checked my plants this morning when i cam home from work and most are now on the mend, the Miricle gro did the trick, there starting to green out nicly, the day before i went out and trimmed all the beat up and burnt leaves and im sure that helped to

hopefully now they will catch up

thanks your friend joe

Sorry to hear you struggling again this season my friend :( Hope everything works out, luckily the plants can handle their setbacks quite well.

ajijoe said:
i might make a few enemies with what im about to say if this is what you believe but  GLOBAL WARMING MY AUNTS ROSY RED BACKSIDE!!! :rolleyes:

The global warming is on this side of the earth, Joe. ;) We are known for our mild cool season where I am but the autumn we just came out of may as well have been spring or even summer at times. Heck, even the birds and flowers thought it was spring! Now in winter the last few days hinted that it wanted to get cool but today seems to have warmed up again. It's winter and I'm sitting here in shorts and t-shirt.

And before anyone says I shouldn't complain because I can grow, it's not like that here at all. Our sun beats down with such fierce intensity and chilli plants hate it. OK, autumn is usually great for growing (in fact, better than summer) but it wasn't this year. Plants battled all the problems they do in spring/summer.

Sorry to hear things aren't going great at all, Joe :(, and I really hope they improve soon! If it's any consolation, I just had the worst grow of my life too... only it was due to problems on the other end of the scale. ;)

gasificada said:

The global warming is on this side of the earth, Joe. ;) We are known for our mild cool season where I am but the autumn we just came out of may as well have been spring or even summer at times. Heck, even the birds and flowers thought it was spring! Now in winter the last few days hinted that it wanted to get cool but today seems to have warmed up again. It's winter and I'm sitting here in shorts and t-shirt.

And before anyone says I shouldn't complain because I can grow, it's not like that here at all. Our sun beats down with such fierce intensity and chilli plants hate it. OK, autumn is usually great for growing (in fact, better than summer) but it wasn't this year. Plants battled all the problems they do in spring/summer.

Sorry to hear things aren't going great at all, Joe :(, and I really hope they improve soon! If it's any consolation, I just had the worst grow of my life too... only it was due to problems on the other end of the scale. ;)
thanks Gas

good to hear from you again

thanks for the chime in mate sound like you had the same probs as i an many others
theres just too many extremes in temp and rain

stay in touch and dont be a stranger

thanks your friend Joe

I have been a stranger, haven't I? :oops:

Sadly you are right, I've heard the words "worst grow ever" far too much lately. :( But we keep doing what we love doing anyway! ;)

Will be watching keenly to see things turn around for you, mate! :)

gasificada said:
I have been a stranger, haven't I? :oops:

Sadly you are right, I've heard the words "worst grow ever" far too much lately. :( But we keep doing what we love doing anyway! ;)

Will be watching keenly to see things turn around for you, mate! :)
yes you have but life has a way of happening when your making plans right?

for me this has thus far been the worst i ever had, i always seem somehow to pull the rabbit out of the hat but not this time so much
i will keep moving forward because i do love it

stay in touch your friend joe

ajijoe said:
yes you have but life has a way of happening when your making plans right?

for me this has thus far been the worst i ever had, i always seem somehow to pull the rabbit out of the hat but not this time so much
i will keep moving forward because i do love it

stay in touch your friend joe

Ain't that the truth! The last year or so life has really been going against the grain of what I wanted (and I ain't just talking about growing chillies!). Maybe different circumstances but I know you know what I'm talking about, as does many others. :( In one hand it sucks to know that life isn't just shitting on me, but in the other, it's kinda comforting. :)

Now, with the depressing stuff outta the way, let's do what we came here to do.... talk chilli! :dance:

Have you grown the Mako Akokoksrade before? I recently obtained seeds for this one and I'm really looking forward to it! And the "black fruit cross ornamental" from Neil is sounding interesting. Any hints as to what we might expect see?? (You know how ornamentals can float my boat.... ;))

About the weather, I could say last year was a horror for me, I was not sure is springtime or winter, the weather was very cold, alot of rain, cold rain, the summer was very short, and hail strike twice.... But this winter was very smooth, not extreme cold, and springtime looks normal. I could say the sun really burns when is on the sky, some of my peppers shows sunburn, even if they were hardened for few weeks (since in plastic cups), and they have also few weeks since they are in the ground. This is why I put a protection net over them (also against hail). Sometime I am taking down the net.
I am not sure about the autumn, the good thing is the peppers are somehow grouped, and I will probably build a frame and cover them if the cold come too early.

Ajijoe, wish you luck with your growing, and waiting to see your offer list in autumn :-)

gasificada said:

Ain't that the truth! The last year or so life has really been going against the grain of what I wanted (and I ain't just talking about growing chillies!). Maybe different circumstances but I know you know what I'm talking about, as does many others. :( In one hand it sucks to know that life isn't just shitting on me, but in the other, it's kinda comforting. :)

Now, with the depressing stuff outta the way, let's do what we came here to do.... talk chilli! :dance:

Have you grown the Mako Akokoksrade before? I recently obtained seeds for this one and I'm really looking forward to it! And the "black fruit cross ornamental" from Neil is sounding interesting. Any hints as to what we might expect see?? (You know how ornamentals can float my boat.... ;))
what you said is very true

I grew mako last year and liked it so much im growing it again
ornamental float my boat as well im groing an orange version of racamido this year I got the seeds from a few pods before they threw out the plant at my work im also growing chilly chili and variegated tri color as well as 
dilly street tamwork birdseye
black pearl X?
trifetti
purple flash
sangria
uchutaki

well mate im at work as I write this so I got go

thanks your fiend joe

Hey, just thought I'd pop in and check how your grow was doing now.  Any more heat the last few weeks?  My grow has been all thrown off by my move, which bums me out.  I'm just hoping to get some harvests and be able to save some seed for next year.  It's rough since I had to move mid-June.  Anyway, we still have like 3 months left and a lot can happen, right?  

im getting a few peppers here and there but everything is still way too slow
and theres nothing i can do about it

i have a feeling my harvest will not be as big as other years, but just the same i thatnk God for the many years of blessing that he as given me

with how bad the year has been so far your move must have added insult to injury

yes 3 months but its going by so quickly if there going to do something it will have to be soon

thanks your friend Joe

hello im pleased to report that the garden is finally look awesome and in about a week or two i will have pics
Meatfreak>> get ready i got pics for ya post for me(thanks ahead of time)
a week or two should be long enough to get more ripe pods and great pics
i know a few have been curious what ive been up to latly and soon you will get your chance so stay tuned, the waiting is almost over

i also have

A NEW CROSS THAT I WILL BE SHARING SEEDS WITH ANYONE IN THE USA THAT WANTS THEM

its a cross between AJI PINEAPPLE and AJI OMNI-COLOR the pods look just like Aji Pineapple but are red lile Aji Omni-Color
it grows like Aji Pineapple but its red (Pics to follow as well)
gotta say im happy about this and the over progress of the garden

thanks all will be back soon

your friend joe 

Back