• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs 2010 Season Start

Novacastrian said:
I am going to move to Texas, i love the way ya'll talk. Like git er dun and iffin i was..

I also do my best work when i "engineer on the fly". Superb work MR Aj :D

Nova, you kill me sometimes...the way we talk....heck you are the one that talks funny.... :rofl:

Agree engineering on the fly is the best way to giterdun... :lol:

Matt50680 said:
I wish I had the area to go full scale like you AJ, but I am limited with space at the moment. LOL I did get bit by the planting bug yesterday and started 84 new hotties, well not all hots, mostly stuff co-workers are requesting.

I have planned this as a retirement business for the past 4 years and am now realizing if I get much bigger, I shouldn't have retired....I don't want it to be work....

MikeyV said:
Looks really good A.J. Cant wait to see it all filled with pepper plants!

thanks Mikey....it won't be long...will start transplanting early next week...billy biker jalapenos and serranos are growing like wildfire...those will be the first sets of plants to sell the middle of March....

AJ, You are the envy of all. Thanks for posting your methods. I have a question about one of your images a few days back of your transplanting and pot up work area. Your photo included the Botanicare pure blend progrow and the bloom Botanicare product which I did not purchase yet as I had run up cost quickly in the hydro shop. My thoughts are that you are surely not using the bloom product at the time of your first potup, correct?

Thanks again for all the support you give!

Cheers Mike

thanks all...appreciate the accolades..

capsidadburn said:
AJ, You are the envy of all. Thanks for posting your methods. I have a question about one of your images a few days back of your transplanting and pot up work area. Your photo included the Botanicare pure blend progrow and the bloom Botanicare product which I did not purchase yet as I had run up cost quickly in the hydro shop. My thoughts are that you are surely not using the bloom product at the time of your first potup, correct?

Thanks again for all the support you give!

Cheers Mike

TY and YW Mike...I have learned to love this forum for the sharing attitude everyone on board has...

If it was the Bloom botanicare product in the pic, it was a mistake...I use Liquid Karma along with the ProGro...

:edited: just went back and looked, it was Liquid Karma which has a similar coloration to the bloom...

The Liquid Karma is not a fertilize in itself, rather it is a product that enhances the plants ability to take up nutrients...and does a great job...

19 February 2010 Update

Just finished transplanting my first tray (18) of Billy Biker Jalapenos....they are going like gang busters....with luck, I can make first monday at Weatherford, Tx and have a pretty good many Jalapenos, Serranos, and Banana peppers...chinense won't be ready for another couple of weeks...1 down and only 41 more to go for the first planting...looks like I am going to have to order some more 3.5" square containers...color is off on this shot...I played with it and messed it up...the containers ARE green but the plants are greener than they show up in the photo...

021910a005-1.jpg

Nice squat seedlings AJ, apart from the false yellow they look great. I suspect that the pic is altered by the lumens!

thanks man and you are right, apart from the flash on the camera, the light is a 400 watt halogen shop light...bingo...

OK...second tray finished and I turned the shop light so it wouldn't illuminate the seedlings and this is flash only....much better IMO...they will green on up now since I am hitting them with nutrients...

021910b001-1.jpg

AJ, where are you getting your pots from this year? i am going to make a call within the next couple of days. I wonder if they would combine our order and ship to 2 diff. locations? I am looking to get about 3600 3.5's.

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice looking penos AJ. Where do you purchase your pots?

thanks SS....got them from

Dale, I think they will ship anywhere, any way you want....what I ordered was a quantity of 800 and I am sure I want to get more...just wanted to check these out before I went "whole hog"...I likem'

http://www.igcusa.com/greenhouse-containers-and-flats.html

That is where I ordered last year, i ordered the black ones with 1200 per case. I called them this year about a month ago and the price is still the same as last. What did you pay for a case of 800?

800 contianers = $106, 50 18 count trays = $42.50 = $148.50 + shipping that I don't remember and can't put my fingers on the invoice...probably 40-50 bucks...figure I got about $0.25 per container (including carrying trays and shipping)

yup...got the 3.5s...I had 3s last year and wanted something bigger and didn't see the 3.25s...thanks for he heads up...

AlabamaJack said:
800 contianers = $106, 50 18 count trays = $42.50 = $148.50 + shipping that I don't remember and can't put my fingers on the invoice...probably 40-50 bucks...figure I got about $0.25 per container (including carrying trays and shipping)

Have you given these folks a shot? I found their freight more reasonable and they have 3.5" x 5" deep pots too.

Morton's pots

Morton's trays

thepodpiper said:
Just talked to Morton's, they do not carry a 3.25.

Nope, but they have the 3.5" and trays at a better price. Try a freight quote too.

Although with your location and Morton's the freight may not be an advantage.

Back