• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs Peppers Starting to Produce - 06-09-09

skealo said:
The thread is great! Why would I mind?

becuase you started a pods thread and I didn't want you to think I was trying to pull attention away from that thread...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Nice pods AJ!

Thanks Cappy...that Bhut is one of yours....

imaguitargod said:
That Naga is gnarly!!!!

POTAWIE said:
Great lookin plants and pods, and ya gnarly does discribe that bhut

Thanks Potawie...and I like the gnarly descriptive term also...

wurge said:
:hell:Most evil bhut I have ever seen!:hell:

It does look evil...when it ripens, I will pick it and take pics of my buddy Randy and I eating some of it...

Sydtunes said:
A plesure to see as always AJ!

thanks Syd...

Gorgeous pods AJ - that Bhut looks like it could cut you if you weren't paying attention. Thanks for sharing all those pics!

Bhut Jolokia reminds me of a blowfish. Try to cut around the poison, grasshopper.

Also love the ristra and golden cayennes. Golden would make a nice addition to some yellow salsa I'm trying to plan in my head right now.

All of the pods look healthy. The 7 pot is knarly...

The Kung Pao photo reminds me to grow it next year - it's a really nice pepper.

The Anaheims made my stomach growl for some rellenos. Is the Sandia hotter than the Big Jim?

Keep em coming AJ! Great harvest and the 4th is still 3 weeks or so away.

Looking like a great season so far. Like you, we've had great growing weather in Cincy, though obviously about six weeks behind you. The only peppers I have to show are some bananas and they aren't anything special.

So what is your record for grams/ounces harvested in a season? Or should I ask grams per container, though you probably have it broken down into grams per species, genus and family!!!

Mike

thanks for the compliments all...

Ratdz said:
Wow AJ, when did you start all of your pepper plants?
Mine are really small and not yet flowering.

Most of the chinense were started mid January to mid february and the annuums were started mid february to mid march...

caroltlw said:
Bhut Jolokia reminds me of a blowfish. Try to cut around the poison, grasshopper.

Also love the ristra and golden cayennes. Golden would make a nice addition to some yellow salsa I'm trying to plan in my head right now.

the golden cayennes are turning a deeper color of gold now...I haven't tasted them yet but I hope they have a good cayenne heat...the color should be interesting for a sauce...

Bob_B said:
All of the pods look healthy. The 7 pot is knarly...

The Kung Pao photo reminds me to grow it next year - it's a really nice pepper.

The Anaheims made my stomach growl for some rellenos. Is the Sandia hotter than the Big Jim?

Keep em coming AJ! Great harvest and the 4th is still 3 weeks or so away.

so far, I only have one 7 pot plant that looks "brainy"...I hope I have a few more but the others pods aren't as "bumpy"

I haven't tried the Kung Paos yet but they really look like the Super Cayenne II pods and I know they are good

The Sandias are not much different that the Big Jim as far as heat, but the color of these is a deep red color...I use these for a deep deep red color for my chili powder...

I should have a pretty good harvest the weekend of the 4th...the wife is going to Chicago to see the kids that weekend so it will be a smokin' pepper pickin' weekend for me.

wordwiz said:
So what is your record for grams/ounces harvested in a season? Or should I ask grams per container, though you probably have it broken down into grams per species, genus and family!!! Mike

I think the single biggest harvest I had last year was somewhere around 32 pounds and the total season was 368. I probably could go back and tell you how many ounces per species I picked last year because I would weigh each species when I picked them and log that...didn't get down to how many per container... ;)

Back