• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Al day And Night Aji Aji Aji Aji

Chiles, olive oil, cilantro, garlic cloves and just a bit of lemon juice. very nice to add to food.

talas said:
Sorry Josh, they will be great iam sure of that,But its just a taste thing some people hate Cayenne..I love it and flavor is a personal thing like music :P

Very true.

I have only grown Brazilian Starfish, Bishops Hat and Lemon Drop of the Baccatum Aji's and Aji Limon, C. Chinense.

I was amazed by the flavor of the Brazilian Starfish. It was super sweet and fruity. It could have been used for a dessert it was so sweet.
At first I thought it was a sweet pepper as I tasted no heat when I first bit into it. After I swallowed a slow creeping medium heat spread through my mouth.
I grew those in 2007 and regret not growing them again this year. I have ordered some seed from Peppermania for 2009.

I've always wanted to try the Brazilian Starfish, and now with a good review I'll try to squeeze it onto my list:)

A co-worker brought me in a few of his Aji Limo pods yesterday.

They are beautiful bright yellow pods maybe 2 inches long tapering to a point. Excellent flavor.

I'm guessing they are similar heat to a Tobasco possibly? I ate one whole
on the spot and it warmed me up plenty and had a long lingering pleasant afterglow. Hot but not too hot.

I saved some seeds and will be adding it to my grow list for 2009 :violin:

Skyjerk said:
A co-worker brought me in a few of his Aji Limo pods yesterday.

They are beautiful bright yellow pods maybe 2 inches long tapering to a point. Excellent flavor.

I'm guessing they are similar heat to a Tobasco possibly? I ate one whole
on the spot and it warmed me up plenty and had a long lingering pleasant afterglow. Hot but not too hot.

I saved some seeds and will be adding it to my grow list for 2009 :lol:

Ye i would say the heat is very similar and most people who have tried love it more than any other pod that i have given them to try,Great with white fish and some lemon,Just coursely chop the pods up and but on the fish and some lemon juice on top..Season to finish Lovely :)

BrianS said:
When I get home tonight I'll ask my wife to give me the details. She knows alot more about this than me :lol:

Ok, I asked my wife how they make rocoto sauce and this is how they do it....

Place 6 rocotos and about 1/4 -1/2 cup of water in a blender, blend until you have a nice paste and use it. Not much to it at all. All the returaunts and street vendors use it this way down there

Back