• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Alex_K - 2021/2022

Hi! I'm Alex from Brazil!

Some old members might remember me... I make some seeds exchange here back in 2009.
Had about 40 pepper plants but after the end of the season they suffered from massive whiteflies attack and I lost mostly of them... frustrated I gave up on growing peppers plants but this year I decided to start again I bought seeds from TexasHotPepper, HRSeeds and MK hope this time to be successful.

Yeah my english is quite bad but I hope can understand each other!!! :oops:

For now my list is:

(C. chinense)

Puma
Habanada
Naga BBG7 Orange
Big Olive Mama
Big Mustard Mama (gift)
Jays X Purple
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (White)
BTR Scorpion
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Bleeding Borg 9
Papa Joes Scotch Bonnet
KS Lemon Starrburst
Pimenta da Neyde
Butch T X 7 Pod Jonah Gold

(C. annuum)

Murasaki Purple
Lesya
Thai Hot
Buena Mulata
Thunder Mountain Longhorn

(C. baccatum)

Aji Amarillo
Aji Bodysnatcher
Sugar Rush Peach

(C. rhomboideum)
C. rhomboideum (My precious! :lol:)

Good luck for everyone!!!

gHCbB5.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's time to close this thread and get ready for the next season! ๐Ÿ™‚

About some varieties that were on my list and didn't show here:

-Puma
-Habanada
-Naga BBG7 Orange

These plants are healthy but there was no time to produce, I started the seedlings very late and winter arrived, it will be for the next season.

-BTR Scorpion
-Butch T X 7 Pod Jonah Gold

These two varieties had germination problems and the plants that I managed to germinate are quite weakened as they went through the winter in their growth phase, if they survive, they will be in the next season probably as bonsai! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

-Murasaki Purple
-Lesya

Recovering from a massive mite attack ๐Ÿ˜ก

-Buena Mulata

This variety was the only one that didn't even germinate, 10 seeds none sprouted

In conclusion... I had few problems with pests some missteps in fertilization and some timing problem, small production as expected due to limited space but overall it was a good season.
As here in Brazil we don't have defined seasons like in North America or Europe, I started the "new season" seedlings in the middle of this season so I already have some varieties that are ready to produce just needing the weather to help.

I hope to start the new 2022/2023 season's Glog soon!

19IMKQ.jpg

Good work this season, Alex! Canโ€™t wait
to see your grow log next โ€˜seasonโ€™ now
that you will be getting an earlier start to
the grow. Nice bunch of ferments/pickles!

Back