• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

alkhall 2015

Going to start in coir around first weekend of February.

The list so far, subject to amendment:

BROWN LARGE SCORPION-saved seed from last year

7-POT YELLOW-saved seed from last year

ORANGE(ISH) BRAINSTRAIN-saved seed from last year

ORANGE DOUGLAH-saved seed from last year

CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA <REPLACED ORANGE DOUGLAH

CARAMEL MADBALLZ-seed saved from last year <ADDED

NOT PEACH (ORANGE(ish)) GHOST-SCORPION-seed saved from last year <ADDED

RED BRAINSTRAIN

YELLOW BRAINSTRAIN

CHOCOLATE BHUTLAH

BIG SUN HABANERO 25 seeds, not one germinated. However, the vendor gave me 8 starter plugs for free to make up fo it. Unfortunately, none were the Big Sun. I found another vendor that had Big Sun (or Yellow Sun, as they called it) plants for sale, so I bought 2 of those.

7-POT WES

TRINIDAD HOT CHERRY

YELLOW PRIMO

RED BHUT JOLOKIA

JALAPENO Biker Billy, Big Guy, Jalapeno M (all Burpee Seeds) < Updated

CAYENNE Ecuadoran Hot Lemon, Long Thin, Large Red (all Burpee Seeds) < Updated

BELL PEPPERS California Wonder, Orange Sun, Great Stuff, Honey Crisp, Fort Knox, Big Dipper (Burpee Seeds) <Updated

RED SAVINA HABANERO <ADDED

VENUZUELAN TIGER <ADDED

BUTCH T (POTTED, OVERWINTERED TWO YEARS)

5x10 trays in netted coir, on heat mats:

TRAY #1
Revised%20TRAY%201a.jpg

TRAY #2
Revised%20TRAY%202a_1.jpg

I have couple of freinds who love bell peppers, so I will probably give them several of the bells, along with some of the Jalapenos, and maybe a select few of the superhots.

Updated pics.

100_0826.jpg

100_0828.jpg

100_0827.jpg

First two pics mostly bell peppers, third pic is superhots that are about two weeks behind.

All of these are under the actinic/6500K combination lighting.

@Runescape, I changed the date format, but got the year wrong. It should be 2015, obviously.

No Big Sun sprouts yet.

I checked the seeds in the Ziploc, and they appear to have absorbed enough water and are fairly swollen. Hopefully, any day now.

alkhall said:
Weekly update:

I bought some 2x2 trays for more efficient bottom watering. These are great! Very thick plastic.

The plants look a little different color green because they are on the dining room table with the ceiling light on.

The plants are looking awesome.  

What type of 2x2 trays are those and where did you find them?  They look heavy duty and have a flat bottom, perfect for holding and bottom watering plants in cups or square pots.

No pics this week, not much happening. The plants seem to have settled in and are doing very well.

I updated my grow list to reflect the Big Sun Habanero seeds failing to germinate.

I have quite a few plants putting out flower buds, which I try clip off so they put more energy into leaf growth, but it is a constant battle.

Thanks for reading, to be continued...

An update.

I had one Ecuadoran Hot Lemon Cayenne die. It was not very strong from the beginning, so it was not unexpected.

Anyway, some new pics:

100_0837.jpg

100_0838.jpg

100_0839.jpg

100_0840.jpg

Hey, Al!  Your grow is really taking off; everything looks great.  

PaulS said:
Looking awesome dude :)
Thanks.

I actually found two baby Jalapenos that I clipped off, I have flowers everywhere!

They need to get ouside in the ground, but I have at least a month to wait.

Mid-to-upper 70°s today; ran the Roto-tiller through the raised bed.

Added kelp meal and crab shells (Neptune's Harvest brand) and raked in. We are supposed to get one-half to one inch of rain tomorrow and tomorrow night. That should soak the the stuff in pretty good.

Still a more than a month away from plant-out, I will probably add a little bone and blood meal in a couple of weeks and run the Roto-tiller through once more.

This year, I am going heavy on the Bells, as per the better half's demand... I mean request. She really does not like hot peppers at all, but she makes a great stuffed Bell pepper, so it is all good.

Therefore, I will probably only have room for one or two of the hots from Tray #2. Of course, I have to go with at least two each of the Jalapenos from Tray #1.

A few pics of some plants.

Group shot:

Top, left to right-Red Savina Habanero, Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero, Yellow Brainstrain.
Bottom, left to right-Red Brainstrain, Orange(ish) Brainstrain, 7-Pot Wes.

100_0851.jpg

Individual shots of the above:

Red Savina

100_0860RSH.jpg

Orange(ish) Brainstrain

100_0861OBS.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate

100_0862JHC.jpg

Red Brainstrain

100_0863RBS.jpg

7-Pot Wes

100_08647PW.jpg