• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

An update on my Red Savina

Here s My 2 month old Red Savina, just re poted today on a 5 gallon pot where it will stay until ripen
I must personally thank everyone that has helped me with your posts, and does who have replied to my questions, your all part of this, lol

BEFORE
RedSavina.jpg

NOW

DSC00184.jpg

Hey looking good Marito, I have a couple of little ones about that stage and looking forward to good things

the Red Savina is one of my favorite peppers for the combination of heat and flavor...one of the best tasting pods I have tasted...

plant look happy in its new home....

Red Savina is a nice little pepper to grow, but not really outstanding in any area. Just a good sized pod with decent heat and flavor. I actually like it more as a powder because it is so versatile. I think you get more of the flavor in powder form with a lot of peppers.

Personally they aren't my favorite for flavor, but man do they ever produce pods
Mine sure don't. My Red Savina plant looks naked--I've removed so many leaves due bacterial leaf spot it's not even funny. If it were illegal for plants to be naked in nature, mine would be screwed. Hell, I keep having to remove leaves infected with bacterial spot every time it rains from all my plants (and it just downpoured for the gazillionth time again earlier). AFAIK, there's not a single peper growing yet. I hate my Red Savina. :cry:

Back