• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ankle surgery update

well, as most of you know the day after xmas i slipped on wet grass on my way to float tube in MIssion bay and broke my ankle, and at first i thought it was a sprain, but turns out that it required surgery, last thursday was the surgery, they inserted a plate and 10 screws!!!! this is my first broken bone! i figured some of you sick people would like to see pics of it, well i had my post opp appt today where i got to see the incision! it look damn good! they put stitches on the inside and used glue to seal the outside!!! so here are a few pics of the incision and a few of the xrays showing the screws!

ankle3.jpg

ankle2.jpg

ankle1.jpg

xrays
screws2.jpg

screws1.jpg

plate1.jpg

hope you enjoyed! i had them give me a bright pink cast for the next 3 weeks! LOL

If I was there I would
1.gif
"does this hurt?" :rofl:

Pink cast!!!!!!! :rofl: Good to see you still have your sense of humor man!

Kevin

Scoville, the break started at about the 3rd screw, and ended at the 7-8th. so it was a long break! i drink a gallon of milk a week! it was a bad luck situation! all my weight was on my left foot when it hit the tree root and my bone could not hang with the twisting!

Kevin,

i ma always making people laugh! once i head i had to have surgery i was all about getting pink cast!!!!

here is the new pink cast!
cast.jpg

drink some of this...

l.jpg

man that sucks... but the bright side here is the pink cast...

btw, it only broke 'cus you're built like a flamingo... LOL... work on those legs man... did they shave with a razor or chewing gum...

okay i'm done here... sorry...

get well soon, take lots of pills and don't get addicted... are you going to get rehab...? if you do, fallow it and don't skip steps.. you'll end up hurting yourself... hope you get back on that saddle in no time...

drink some of this...

l.jpg

man that sucks... but the bright side here is the pink cast...

btw, it only broke 'cus you're built like a flamingo... LOL... work on those legs man... did they shave with a razor or chewing gum...

okay i'm done here... sorry...

get well soon, take lots of pills and don't get addicted... are you going to get rehab...? if you do, fallow it and don't skip steps.. you'll end up hurting yourself... hope you get back on that saddle in no time...

thanks! it is hilarious as i grew up playing hockey, and i have been racing motorcycles for last 3 years, and for this to be my first broken bone i am pretty happy! 34 years to break a bone! LOL

well now I understand the pink cast question in the other topic.

That sucks - best wishes for a speedy healing - looks pretty awesome with the screws in the x-ray.

Will you have to go back in to have the screws removed?

ps - you also should see the question/answer in the "ask anything" topic. Someone asked about getting a pink cast. Sorry in advance for my answer.

hahaha

man... i've never broken a bone before... i'm the guy that ALWAYS gets bitten/stung/attacked by random dangerous animals some how... pink cast makes me want to trade luck with you...

LOL...

How long are you off the bike??

i am not 100% sure, it all depends on how fast i heal and how well the physical therapy goes! i am not to put any weight on my ankle for at least 6-8 weeks! hopefully i will be ready for the first track day March 25, but at least if not then, i get another month for healing!

Dayumb, that is some wicked work Humpty. Glad they gotcha all put back together again ;) Good to see you in high spirits...lol, I don't know you but some how I get the feeling that you wanted to break that bone, just to say you broke it.....hmmmm, HOW did you break it again.... :hell:

Back