• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Another fine ebay buy

Narrow thin leaves, small white flowers. Long narrow pepper with a bit or curl, hanging down, slight curling / taco'ing leaves.

Im not surprised it the wrong pepper plant / seeds.. But I'd like to know when to pic/harvest the peppers.

Thanks in advanced for your input!!

IMG_20130718_183809_699_zps29abcb7d.jpg

Well it is bushy and full of flowers and is developing pods that are large and hot looking, so that at least is a plus.
As stated in the first post I believe is a Cayenne type so you at least have a hot pepper, What was the pepper suposed to be?

could be many things but I'd wait until it starts turning color before picking.  Probably will be red when ripe.  May not be the super hot you paid for but at least it's healthy and probably not sweet. 

Yeah, never buy ebay seeds. I bought Trinidad Scorpion seeds last year and they turned out to be Santa Fe.
I wasn't too upset though, because they made awesome salsa, and they're in my garden again this year.

newpeppergrower1105 said:
ebay aint all that bad i have purchased a couple times from ebay and they have been true a great price 5 bucks for 20 seeds of each ghost and butch t

I know you can pay a lot more but 12 cents a seed is ridiculous imho.  People act like their pepper seeds are diamonds (I guess they are similar...both have artificially inflated prices).

what was it suppose to be?

Dorkasaurus said:

I know you can pay a lot more but 12 cents a seed is ridiculous imho.  People act like their pepper seeds are diamonds (I guess they are similar...both have artificially inflated prices).
they cost 10 dollars on most websites and the 5 bucks shipping was included i think i got a great deal

Don't feel bad about E Bay.
The local nursey sells super hots for about $4.00 a plant.
They had an impressive collection.
Butch T , White 7 pot ,Morouga Scorpion, Brain strain , Yellow,red,chocolate,peach and orange Bhut , Red Savina, Chocolate or black Naga(I forget which),7 pot Jonah , Naga Jolokia and a few others.
So far I only got the white 7Pot,Brain strain ,Morouga and Butch T .along with congo trinidad.
Butch T is not butch T.A GIANT pod that looks like a 7 pot, not a scorpion,probably a cross-3 inch X 1-2in pods.
Don't know the heat until it ripens.

Morouga looks like a Chile De Arbol,lots of pods on a small plant.
Brain strain looks like an Annuum, hasn't poded up yet.
White 7 is a new plant so it will be a while before it puts out orange habs,It at least looks like a Chinense right now...
The Bhuts I bought last year were either Habs or 1 might have been a fatalii.Not bhuts.

What pisses me off is I wanted to sell them plants over the years and they will not buy them.
I have a biz license and PURE SEEDS.
They are now buying stuff from fly by night vendors and selling crap.
I used to buy a lot of stuff there but only buy supplies lately.
Their plants are crap.
$ rules these days not plant purity.
I brought a pod from the SUPPOSED TO BE Morouga to them and the guy said someone must have switched tags,BUT another guy showed up with the same pods to complain and they blamed it on the grower.
Didn't give us anything but a So sorry,we can't do anything about it...
We'll talk to the grower.
I used to spend a lot of $ there.They always had the best selection of peppers.
Now their plants are crap.
Everything is low quality or not what it should be.
If it isn't mite infested or whatever you are lucky.
They used to have the best plants than anywhere else and stuff you couldn't get elsewhere.
Now they don't care about anything but selling stuff to gardeners-ground cover and bushes or trees.whatever.

A real shame.They used to be the BEST place to get quality stuff and stuff nobody else sells.
5yrs ago they were selling Fatalii,Datil,red savina among other varieties of peppers that few others sold at the time.
Now $4.99 a plant is all that matters.
Doesn't matter if it grows true or not.Markup rules.
It sucks,they used to be a great place to buy stuff,now home depote is as good or wally world.

Last year they had Bhuts they bought in 3 1/2 in, pots,put them in 1 gal. pots and charged $10.00 for the same plant because they could get it.
They were Fatalii...Not super hots.Some were other stuff from what I heard.

I bought them on ebay.. Yeah I know, but I only got took for like 6$ no big deal

They should have been ghost peppers...

I did sucessfully find an honest guy on Craigslist... RARE to run across!!  And picked up a couple Trinidad plants for 10$ SCORE!

So after the input, I'll wait to see if they turn red, fingers crossed

Back