• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another please help thread!!

Hello all,

2 Questions!

I have my plant below, with some photos, photos speak a thousand words...Any clues whats going on with it.????

History!!--was planted in cheap potting mix that retained water and get very dense...has since been replanted in a good mix i made up mystel of organic compost, vermiculite and cutting sand and blood and bone. Top leaves are coming out nicely i hope Lower leaves are dropping and wilted/yellow as you can see. I have also read that picture of nute deficiencies thats been doing the rounds today.

Is this a case of now its been repotted into some nice stuff just wait a few weeks and let it heal :) from its abuse...

20120922_194950_zps98172bc3.jpg

20120922_194944_zpsdd8ffba0.jpg

Its been rainy/not so sunny recently, its been nice today and tomorrow so i will see how we go. I havnt watered it much recently as it was waterlogged before.

I water occasionaly with seaweed and now i have miracle grow ferts thats liek 15 12 13 or something.

Second question.

I read that flowers drop because of a range of reasons, however my plant outside, the flowers stay on, they bloom then they fall off. The little stem and chilli end seem to stay around for a day or two then they drop also.

This may be due to low night time temps?? its around 10deg c at night here, but days are up to 20-25.

The leaves had that browny/black scale started to appear. I have since pulled them off, wondering if this was due to being wet or watering them worm tea directly over the leaves causeing some fungus/bacteria?

Could this be the reason for this weird phenominom? This plant has been rained on alot however the soil here drains quickly. I also fertilise this in the same method normally weekly with a light mix.

Thanks for the help!!

If the lower leaves were yellow already, then chances are you might still lose them....but i'm guessing that if all of the new leaves are looking ok then you should be in the clear from here in?
(again, only from my very brief experience!! Someone feel free to correct me if need be) :)

I know the bottoms will die off, just hoping that it wont pass onto the top ones..

You live and learn, you may be suprised to know that plant is 3 months old...

Just baby it along, don't give it any nutrients and only water when the container feels lighter than it does after a normal watering.
It should do well I think as the tops look healthy. These plants are pretty tough regardless of how the leaves condition is.
I had a Charleston Pepper plant that had horrible tan/pale green leaves and it produced probably 50 peppers.

Back