• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Another Seller 'Borrowing' Pictures

Here we go again...someone needs a picture for a sales ad. Just take it and post it on their website. :( This is getting to be common nowadays.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-228040351-pimenta-trinidad-scorpion-morouga-a-mais-ardida-do-mundo-_JM

Chris

is this yours Chris?

The ruler gave it away. ;)
Wish we could tell the buyers this slacker can't even grow these peppers.
He steals pics from the master .
50.00 dollars . What on earth?

At least they were nice enough to photoshop out your copyright that you usually put in the lower corner. Or did you not put it on this one?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they got a picture from Jamie too, 3rd pic?
Looks alot like his brain strain picture from a little while back..

If not, just kidding.

Brandon

Maybe you should add that site to the Vendor Vault, that way people know about this shady site. We wouldnt want people buying from a thief. We should only support vendors, who are making the community better and stronger :D

Got me thinking to see if one of the popular sellers had removed my Butch T pic from his website yet. I noticed it last year and the description said seeds coming soon. I figured that meant he was growing his own plants and would have seeds once they produced. I also figured he would take his own photos once that happened. Just checked and he still has my picture selling his Butch T Seeds and even more funny (in a sad way)... now if you use google images and type butch T you can find it in several places with credit for the image now going to him. Here it is in somebody's pepper newsletter with credit for the photo going to him

http://peppermeister.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/just-the-tip-sunday-seed-savers-edition/

I've given up trying to keep track of all my stolen pics. It just takes one person to steal or link pics improperly and then they are all over google images, and people think the pics are free. Watermarks help but they are also easy to remove

Yep, sad but true. At this point I just accept that anything I put online has the chance of being stolen, there's no real easy way around it. Sorry to hear that.

It's bad enough when sellers steal other people's images, but they should at least make sure they get the right image... case in point, look up Hirt's TS Butch T's. I loled.

Yep, sad but true. At this point I just accept that anything I put online has the chance of being stolen, there's no real easy way around it. Sorry to hear that.

It's bad enough when sellers steal other people's images, but they should at least make sure they get the right image... case in point, look up Hirt's TS Butch T's. I loled.

I had to look on Hirt's amazon page for it as it was not on Hirt's main site... I guess flipping and mirroring the image makes them feel less dirty about using somebody else's photo. LOL

About the only reliable method is to keep all pictures posted on the web less than 800 dpi so at least they can't be used in printed material.
Boycotting the seller and letting him know why may help....shaming isn't really effective.

ya,thats a bunch of crap. ive been waiting to post any pics on my site untill i have good pics of all my stuff,and i have people down the road stealing pics and posting them on craigslist of stuff they dont even have to sell! it sucks being legit,lol.

Back