Another supermarket chili ID thread

Ya, I think the ones I showed were like $8/lb.

Which is a lot, but considering habs weigh next to nothing..a huge bag is still cheaper than a bottle of crap sauce. :D

QuadShotz said:
Ya, I think the ones I showed were like $8/lb.

Which is a lot, but considering habs weigh next to nothing..a huge bag is still cheaper than a bottle of crap sauce. :D
that's very true.

i was pricing habs around me all summer. they usually ranged from $5-10lb depending where you got them.

Hmm, I figure I could buy a bag of habs the size of my head for like $10.

Talk about being in the bag....
grin42.gif

fineexampl said:
that's very true.

i was pricing habs around me all summer. they usually ranged from $5-10lb depending where you got them.

Yeah summertime is nice. I can get them for around $1lb then, but now like everyone else here I have to get them at the stores. I pay anywhere from $3-$10 a lb. Got some great Jamaican Reds and big Orange habs at Wallyworld a week ago.

Jeez, The produce markets down here only want to give me
$.75(us) a lb for the hottest I grow, I wonder why they
don't have any to sell:rolleyes:?

ButchT

everyone probably grows their own and you live in a climate that has a long grow season. Would be my guess anyway.

$9 a pounds a bit high but then again there about 75-100 habs per pound. $0.10 a pop, i'm willing to pay. And it was at the market right by my office. Super fresh too.

I think I must be living in one of the most pepper hostile country in the world! In normal supermarkets here in Norway, you can find two two kinds of peppers: red and green :lol: I have no idea what kind they are, but they are everything but hot :(

I can get some habaneros from time to time, but only in the exotic stores. The price is about $0.5 a piece.

UnNatural said:
Fairway finally got a new shipment today so i bought 3 lbs! 1 lb going straight to the freezer, 1's getting dried and powdered and the remainder will be sauced and/or used for cooking.
yess.jpg

================

Those actually look really nice.

ouch. those prices would make me buy too many habaneros for me to handle. well I guess it's all right, I can always grow my own with artificial lights or whatever it's called.

munchzilla said:
that many for 1$? I can only get 2 red savinas for 2$ :( it's not fair. I think from the size of those they would make great poppers, if you like your poppers really hot. mmmm poppers...

Man, those poppers were awesome! Made a couple jalepeno ones for the wifey and a boatload of the Ctown Jamaican red hots and a bunch of the orange habs i just got were big enough too.

UnNatural said:
Man, those poppers were awesome! Made a couple jalepeno ones for the wifey and a boatload of the Ctown Jamaican red hots and a bunch of the orange habs i just got were big enough too.

Awesome dude, habanero poppers can't be beat. When i made them they came out milder than expected, but still pretty hot. That chinense flavor is just so much better than the jalapenos.

I've made Stuffed Habs before and that too turned out really good. I really think that that Hab is a highly versatile pepper and is one of my favorites.

Agreed. I had one of the jalepeno ones (it was the last one left), after all the hab poppers i had, the jalepeno one tasted like nothing. Chinense definitely has a far superior taste!

I used 4 cloves of garlic, cajun seasoning and smoked gouda with the cream cheese.

I do have a minor stomach ache now though, had quite a few.

I really like Anaheim... Jalapeños ARE my favorite chile, though. Caribbean Red in second place, although I got into a Naga craze lately.

I used to love jalapeno poppers, maybe i still would if i had them by themselves. But after 8 habaneros (16 poppers), the jalepenos were found wanting!

Back