• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

pests Another type of bug lingering around

Ive found a few of these around my plants. Some sit on flowers but usually just sitting on the tops of leaves. They either walk or fly to other parts of the plant if provoked. No idea what they are and not sure if I should kill or let be.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried to get the best pictures I could.

http://imageshack.com/i/nl3jc9j]
3jc9.jpg

These are down in Aus. Not sure if its a type of thrip but doesn't look to be..

Are there resources for identifying bugs? I found one which required me to select characteristics but ended up with a grasshopper.

Sarge said:
That looks practically identical. Will crush them all today. They're quite a crunchy bug.
Glad I could help. Unfortunately I couldn't find a whole lot of info on them. My wife and I are planning on moving back to Australia in a few years so looking for this bug actually helped me familiarise myself with bugs to watch out for back home lol. 

MeatHead1313 said:
Glad I could help. Unfortunately I couldn't find a whole lot of info on them. My wife and I are planning on moving back to Australia in a few years so looking for this bug actually helped me familiarise myself with bugs to watch out for back home lol. 
Likewise dude. A quick google search suggests they're pests but not usually found in peppers but more corn and sunflower plants. Also doesn't say whst their effects are although from what I read they don't seem too nasty. I was hoping it wasn't a type of thrip. The land of aus where peppers can produce all year round

Back