Any experience with these varieties

D3monic said:
White bhuts are no where near as hot as a typical bhut. Hell I'd probably lump them in the upper habanero range. No bad peppers.

Carbonero is really good.

Hab hot lemon I haven't tried yet but it's in my grow this year.
  That's because people confuse the " White Ghost, smooth white skin" with the " White Bhut, Long pod bumpy skin" The true white bhut is as hot as the original red bhut. I don't know why the white ghost somewhere along the line became the White Bhut. Check tastypeppers website to see a true White Bhut. And he has it listed correctly. You will also see he sells the White Ghost. Two completely different peppers, with a similar name.
juanitos said:
i'll add a MEH vote for white bhut, it doesn't resemble a red bhut enough for me... just seems like some smooth small short pepper thats kinda hot. not very impressive at all.

white bhut in foreground
red bhut in background
... very different pheno
3e8xZMi.jpg
That's a White Ghost. Not a White Bhut.

OK, these are purely my opinions and I make no claims that they represent anything other than that. 

Aji Mango (PL) - - - - - - - - Not tried these yet
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon - - - - One of the hottest versions of the Red Bhut I`ve ever grown. Try the Burmese Naga instead, better flavour and searingly hot.
Bonda Mahala (Created by Spicegeist) - - - Created by Spicegeist, but grown out and selected for stabilisation by Windchicken. Fantastic variety and hotter than you`d think. I love these.
Carbonero - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - Not tried these yet
Elysium Oxide Bonnet Mustard - - - - - Not tried these yet
Habanero Hot Lemon - - - - - - - - Really nice Landrace pepper. Look for Aji mochero instead, which is brilliant
Orange Blob - - - - - - - Very good indeed, I liked these a lot and they look really cool
MA Daisy Cutter Yellow - - - - - - Flavours are good, but too unstable to interest me
Scotch Bonnet Foodarama Yellow - - - - -Very nice bonnet indeed, but look for the TFM bonnet first, if you haven't tried them already
Scotch Bonnet MA Peach - - - - - - - Meh.I`d expect it to be unstable, but i don`t know
Scotch Bonnet Tobago Yellow  - - - - - Great bonnet-like flavour without the bonnet phenotype. I like these a lot.
Sugar Rush Peach - - - - - -  Excellent pods, big with good flavour. There is also a cream version, which I grew last year. They are also excellent.
White Bhut (PL) - - - - -  Meh, as I said. It`s not really a Bhut IMO, but some almost Bhut-less hybrid
White Fatalii (PL) - - - - Meh. Reviewed it a few years ago. Not really very Fatalii-like. It`s fine, but I`ll not bother growing it
Genetikx said:
Started carbonero based on what Alc had to say about them. Good to know they pass your sniff test as well.

White bhut will not make the cut this year. Anything above that you've had and did like?

See above  :)

Back