any ideas to make tinned tuna interesting??

Everything but the lime, no need for that tartness in a tuna salad sammy.

Man I missed TB's and AJ's spiciness. FAIL! lol

True..haha tut tut...It was lovely
next time i make somethin i am gonna do a pic and place it on here so yall can gloat!

Wow I thought I was the only poor basterd (no offense, I really am) out there eating canned tuna. I like to make "chuna melts" (chili head tuna melts).
I use:
2 cans of tuna ( I like left overs)
some celery
red ceyanne pepper
mayo
mustard
ceranos or jalapenos
chedder cheese

I have also eaten it cold and its still pretty good, but not as good as cooked on some butter!

i kinda do different if making it melty, or just a sammich.

Both would have some sort of minced chile or sambal olek, some kind of pepper powder, sweet and/or dill pickle, chopped onion, seafood seasoning (it's basically celery salt w/ spices), lemon pepper, garlic powder, stone ground or chinese mustard, chopped olives (green or black depending on mood) and Mayo.

My Korean chili paste works well...remember..I've got tins of tuna with birdseye chilis IN THEM already...it's a natural. :D

Bread is important too..generic white bread is only good for sticking on walls....of yer colon.

I prefer french or italian bread for tuna, but multigrain is good too.

Main diff is the consistancy and cheeses.

I like it pretty mayo-ey as a sammich and with a nice sharp cheddar. Melted, it'd need to be more solid and likely using pepperjack/chipotle cheddar.

I usually chuck in a splooge or two of hot sauce too, just depends. :)

Another thing that's great with tuna: Curry.

I was just snackingon a bowl with some crackers then I thought I'd see other ideas people had on here.

The way I eat mine is with (i never measure anything, all ingredients are estiated) salt, pepper, vinegar(I recommend red wine, Balsamic, or apple cider), tiny bit of dijon, fresh lemon juice)or lime), finely minced fresh garlic or onion(your choice, any kind will come out good) and top of course, a bunched of minced up pods. I've used different types, whatever's handy seems to work perfect.

It may sound very strange to most of you who are used to having mayonaise as the "base" for sauce/seasoning. This is what I do 90% of the time, but no matter what, vinegar is the main thing.

Sounds good.

I've actually had a spicy tuna sammie w/ vinaigrette before that was tasty.

Soy-Wasabi is also killer. :)

I like a bowl of tuna salad w/crackers too. Wheat Thins. ;) What's your cracker choice Thanatopsis?

Try taking your favorite tuna salad and dropping it in the center of rolled-out biscuit dough, top with a good melting cheese, and fold the dough over like a calzone. Bake it till golden brown and enjoy!

It's great on cold evenings....

Tuna clubs are the bomb too. Triple decker with bacon, lettuce, tomato... some fries.

I like my tinned tuna on a sandwich (French style bread with a good crust) and then go bonkers with at least some of the following ingredients: (spring) onion or red onion, capers, mayonnaise (home made of course), good Dijon mustard, pepper, salt, parmigiano, some nice salad leaves of different varieties, pickled gherkins (not the sweet'n'sour type, but the small, purely sour ones) and other things lying around in the kitchen. You could add peppers, but I usually don't. I do sometimes add tabasco sause (Yes from the McIcantreallywritethatname company).

Other recipe: boil some short pasta all dente in salty water (the spirals are nice). Add can of tuna but drain the oil. Hardboil an egg, peal, break up, work through pasta. Mince an onion very finely and add that as well. Add pepper, check for salt and add if needed. Add some home made mayonnaise and flavour with some fresh herbs or any of the ingredients from the recipe above. Nice to take to work in a box.
Not really a complete meal cause it misses veg, but really good as a side dish or at the BBQ.

WickedMojo's Habanero Tuna Heaven

2 drained cans of tuna
Dice up 1 small firm tomato, (de-seed and remove any slimy stuff to keep mix from getting watery)
1 diced habanero (less or more to taste)
1/2 of red onion chopped
1 heaping tbsp of minced up pineapple (if from can drain first)
few dashes of garlic powder
a dash of Jamacian Jerk seasoning or some Old Bay seasoning (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
mixing a few tbsp's of mayo (as stated above by AJ if it aint Hellmans it aint mayo) :) mircale whip dont work with this one

throw in on some good bread, your choice if you wanna toast the bread or not
now top with some lettuce and maybe a few thin slices of avocado and enjoy

This tuna sandwich is full of win :)

* I dont measure stuff when I cook I just eyeball till it looks right, so the amounts I listed are rough estimates so feel free to adjust as necessary and enjoy

my tuna sammiches are much the same as what has already been posted but i'll post it anyways...

drain the tuna, mix in some chilli - whatever you have on hand, chop up some spanish onion ( purple/red onion), thinly sliced lettuce.. mix it all in together with some dijonaise ... dijon mustard and mayo.. and some cracked pepper... mix it all through properly and serve.. I usually do it on toasted bread so it doesnt get so soggy... if you're making it for work put the tuna mix in a container, toast the bread at work and whack it all together..

I mix canned tuna with a pack of top ramen, (I don't use their spice packet, I add whatever spices I'm in the mood for.) Then I top it with some salsa. Now you have your carbs, protein, veggies, and heat to go go with it. It's quick, cheap, filling. Bestest recipe ever.

Notrod said:
I mix canned tuna with a pack of top ramen, (I don't use their spice packet, I add whatever spices I'm in the mood for.) Then I top it with some salsa. Now you have your carbs, protein, veggies, and heat to go go with it. It's quick, cheap, filling. Bestest recipe ever.

Canned tuna, salsa, and ramen. That sounds exceedingly awful. I'm sorry.

Hi, my wife uses a tin of sweetcorn and mixes it all up with mayo.
I just open up my sandwiches and put a couple of splashes of hot sauce in just for me.

Tuna and corn sammys.....I'll have to ponder that one for a bit.

Nothing is better with tuna salad than droping it on thick slices of fresh tomato. ;)

I know Bumblee used to make lunch packs of Thai Chili tuna with chopped bird's eye peppers in it. It seems the two main ingredients were bird's eye peppers and sweet chili sauce. It was darn good though hard to find now. Maybe if you experiment you can get something as good.

I dont like tuna salad so I put it on rye with mustard, tomato, peppers, spinach, and cheddar. I also fry it with a bit of curry paste and broccoli slaw and put it on a nice roll with soy or fish sauce.

Back