• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Any of You Grown the Yellow 7 Pot yet ?

Anyone have ripe pods? I'm curious how they turned out. TrinnieHottie sent seeds to several people I believe. :oops: I'd love to see pics from growers not in the cold Northern climates like me. lol.

Chris

I just starting some red,yellow Trinihottie 7 Pods & yours too,will start later in and of January bunch super hots & everything else with it wright now start up bunch of will species & some Rocotos.

I didn't grow any, but AJ sent me one and it's nice and big. I know he had some success with them this year. I'm pretty sure he has pics posted on his latest harvest thread. I think the seeds came from Trini. I'll be growing them next year. I think I am going to eat that one tonight.

you know, none of the seeds from trini were labelled yellow 7 pot...the seeds for my yellow pods came from the pack labeled Trinidad Scorpion...if they are yellow 7 pots, no wonder it took me 4 days to eat a stuffed one...geez...what is this world coming to?....roflmao...and anyone else I sent these "yellow trinidad scorpions" to....beware....here is a pic of what I am saving for seed stock for 2009

110508b002.jpg

Yep those are not yellow 7 pots A.J as with the red 7pot the surface of the peppers is very bumpy and pitted like the red or morouga scorpion :D

I'm growing 2 yellow 7's but they are still quite small with no pods. I'll be growing them over the winter but I won't let them fruit until summer

My one seed sprouted but couldn't shed the seed husk!It was a very slow agonizing death...I'm still traumatized!

well, if mine aren't yellow 7's I don't know what they are...they came from Trinihottie and were mixed in with the packet labelled Trinidad Scorpions...I had originally called them Yellow T. Scorpions...

Actually none of my 7s are really dimpled...a lot of them are almost smooth...

AlabamaJack said:
well, if mine aren't yellow 7's I don't know what they are...they came from Trinihottie and were mixed in with the packet labelled Trinidad Scorpions...I had originally called them Yellow T. Scorpions...

Actually none of my 7s are really dimpled...a lot of them are almost smooth...
Holy Moly, Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzusssssssss!

Damn AJ, I just tried that yellow pepper from hell you sent me!

Hehehe, that sucker is ONE HOT PEPPER!

I cut about a tenth of the pepper off at the tip and chewed that puppy up.

Dude! My eyes are even watering!

Has a really good flavor too. It reminds me of something, but I can't place it yet.

Thanks again man! That's a awesome preview of what I'll be growing next year!

NatGreenMeds said:
Holy Moly, Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzusssssssss!

Damn AJ, I just tried that yellow pepper from hell you sent me!

Hehehe, that sucker is ONE HOT PEPPER!

I cut about a tenth of the pepper off at the tip and chewed that puppy up.

Dude! My eyes are even watering!

Has a really good flavor too. It reminds me of something, but I can't place it yet.

Thanks again man! That's a awesome preview of what I'll be growing next year!

oh great! That's a preview of what I'll be eating tomorrow night too. Here we go again...;)

JayT said:
oh great! That's a preview of what I'll be eating tomorrow night too. Here we go again...;)
hehe, yep, you'll discover an instant heat. I got about 2 chews in before it woke up my mouth.

I thought about the taste. If you took a slice of mango and put it on twice that much yellow bell pepper and chewed it up, that's the taste I was getting.

Damn good!

And DAMN hot!

yeah, but I thought I had a red and a yellow 7-pot. Now it seems it may be a red and yellow Scorpion and just a red 7-Pot. Either way, both the red ones were very hot. The 7 was hotter when I ate it and the Scorpion did most of it's damage in the "dark of the night". Don't get me wrong they are both insanely hot. Maybe I should have just ate a sliver instead of inhaling the damn thing whole. Sometimes I question my sanity. I will be able to tell which one it is more like and maybe we can give AJ a better idea of what he has after we compare them. Either way in the words of the great Clubber Lang I predict "pain"!

Having learned NOT to eat an entire chocolate bar in an attempt to discover the taste of that type of chocolate, I never do anything like eating an entire pepper that is renowned for it's heat or a huge gulp of homemade jam to test it's sweetness. I'm more of a moderate person when testing something. The tenth of the pepper I tried showed me the power of this pepper. I'll be using this type in many dishes.

You guys that eat entire peppers astound me.

I do look forward to tomorrows test. I think AJ already knows what he has. I'm betting he's eaten at least one of each kind he's grown.

Let me know what you think of the yellow!

Well I started out with the plan this year that I would eat one of each pepper that I grew. Then PepperRidgeFarms sent me some Naga Morich's and I had to eat one on here so I figured what the hell and when AJ sent me this package I decided I have been trying everything else this way how else can I compare. Now I should reiterate: I am only eating half of each as I used the other half of each in my chili. Still the size of these things is like eating a whole pepper of most others. I don't know what AJ was using for fertilizer but these things are huge!

Back