• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

any one ever hear of this sauce??

This past week my family and I said the hell with it and packed up and went to Florida for a week. While we were on our way home we stopped at one of those road side fruit/pecan stands. I did get a fairly good deal on oranges there but I got to talking with the guy there about hot peppers and sauces. He tells me if I like HOT sauces he's got something for me to try. I figure he's gonna give me a teaspoon or some small amount. He brings me out a 12 oz. cup full of what appears to be BBQ sauce (judging by it's color) so I dip my finger into it and the dude cringes and tells me I'm brave. I taste this stuff and the heat is extremely hot!!! He reads the label (he has a gallon jug of this molten sauce) and tells me it Datil peppers, Jalepeno Peppers and Habaneros.

I asked him what brand the sauce is and he says it's just called "MELTDOWN" .....
anyone ever hear of this stuff??

it is a killer sauce very flavorful has the up front burn coupled with the back end burn that makes the back of your throat feel like its on fire!!

I have dat il do ya here at home. this stuff is different very dark like a bbq sauce but has an intense heat to it!

Yep those Minorcan's can make some wild sauces. They've been at it in St. Augustine for around 300 yrs with Datil peppers. Some of the best sauces I've ever tried.

Back