• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies any pc gamers 'round here?

nice man. i just built new rig last week. ordered an evo but it wouldnt fit in my tiny ITX setup. ><

ended up using a thermaltake engine27 low-pro. working out ok. will see how it does next year sometime when i want to fiddle with OC.

lets play overwatch!!! :D

fraunelk#1385

My pc has been my primary tool for gaming many years now and play sometimes with it when i feel like it, because i have plenty of other interests too in life.. Also have ps4 as well, but that ps4 collects mostly dust. :rofl:

I have not upgraded my pc for a while now, because i usually pick out the more higher end parts that are available in that time frame and that way they usually last many years without any huge upgrading.

Build one is easy enough and far cheaper then the retail crap.

PUBG minimum system requirements
Here's what you need to run PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on your PC, according to developer Bluehole:
Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 30 GB available space

You want a computer with Ryzen 1600, 16gb of ddr4 3000mhz ram, Samsung or other good brand ssd, good quality 550w psu and maybe a gtx 1060 6gb. It is not really a good idea to build a bare minimum gaming pc as gaming with that one will not be a enjoyment and those kind of games are cpu/memory hungry games.

Chilidude said:
You want a computer with Ryzen 1600, 16gb of ddr4 3000mhz ram, Samsung or other good brand ssd, good quality 550w psu and maybe a gtx 1060 6gb. It is not really a good idea to build a bare minimum gaming pc as gaming with that one will not be a enjoyment and those kind of games are cpu/memory hungry games.

Depends on how serious one is, and how much one can afford to spend.

I agree that building a 'minimum' spec rig is pointless. Also, a decent size, high quality monitor is a must.

I recently ran the FF XV bench on my two year old Skylake rig, and it is only Fairly High (4973) on High Quality.

The cost difference is usually minimal, but one has more options to choose from. And, there is no pre-loaded bloatware/crapware to deal with.

However, with the current cryptomining craze, premium graphics cards (the one component that is absolutely essential to a high-end gaming rig) are ridiculously over-priced.

Have been playing Kingdom come: deliverance. The beginning of the game is really slow, but once you get to learn better skills and explore the world a bit, the game starts to feel better and better over time. Really didnt like Skyrim and enjoyed Witcher 3, so this one is so much better for me.

Been playing Civilization VI, very addictive lol.
Single Player.

nnQuBqv.jpg

hbeVSkX.jpg

Back