• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any pro, ex-pro bartenders here? Need a shaker...

Maybe they're all the same, but I'm looking for recommendations for a quality stainless steel cocktail shaker.  No less than 16-oz.  Not a lot of $$, either.

I'm seeing a wide range of prices, new, and even used.  What is the importance of "18/8" stainless steel, that I see advertised?

Is there a preferred seller/source?  Thanks.

Roguejim said:
What is the importance of "18/8" stainless steel

It indicates a chromium/nickel content. 18/10 is a higher quality of stainless steel where as 18/8 can be detected with a magnet. For a shaker, it is of little if no difference. neither one will rust.

Keep the link to that place. They are geared towards restaurant sales but I have bought a lot from them over the years. They might not have the best selection but their products are proven. As an example, my wife bought a rubber spatula set from William Sanoma and they sucked. Pretty, but they sucked. I bought a set for ½ the cost at this place and they are the best spatulas I've ever used, longer more rigid handles, better flexibility/rigidity in the head. Quality products for restaurant kitchens. I love this place!

Scoville DeVille said:
Keep the link to that place. They are geared towards restaurant sales but I have bought a lot from them over the years. They might not have the best selection but their products are proven. As an example, my wife bought a rubber spatula set from William Sanoma and they sucked. Pretty, but they sucked. I bought a set for ½ the cost at this place and they are the best spatulas I've ever used, longer more rigid handles, better flexibility/rigidity in the head. Quality products for restaurant kitchens. I love this place!

Just to add to what Scovie said, the restaurant supply places are great. Personally, I use http://www.servu-online.com/ and the local Gordon restaurant supply store.

Back