• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Any suggestions for my Habanero Plant?

Not sure why leaves are starting to curl and drop a lot on this plant.  This has started to happening once pods started to develop.  I did notice that the soil takes longer to drain then my other plants such as Jalapeno and Thai (which are doing well) but is this a calcium deficiency?  I see no major signs of bad bugs.  The weather has been perfect (mid 70s to low 80s during the day for about the past month).  I water about once a week since thats how long it takes for the soil to dry and the for the flowers to droop.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
2013-10-24_15-25-26_38.jpg

If it's not draining as quick as the others then I'd say over watering. I had similar problems with my seedlings due to watering them when I was watering my other plants until I got advice here. I'd wait until the leaves start to droop before watering and see if that helps, or as Phil said, repot to something with better drainage.

Looks like overwater too me. Yup weather here has been nice lately even for late October.

On the suggestion of potting up. It can definitely help, but most likely you'll lose those buds and pods.

Hey Matt hit me up I got seed for you and some fresh pods to try out.

, Walter

Back