• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Any Tomatoville Members?

Martin - thanks for the compliments.  We'd love to have you at Tville and join the seed swap next year.  The swap has strict rules to follow.  So start thinking about which tomatoes you want to share with the group(s).

Seed swaps/trains are the heart of dedicated gardeners that want to try different varieties and not pay $$$$$.

I'm growing hot peppers from Jedisushi that I know will be phenomenal!  Thanks, Mike.

fiogga said:
Sad to hear about Mark and Fred splitting, wonder what Mark's plans are? Both of them are so very gifted at what they do, hope they continue breeding tomatoes!

Oh I think both are passionate about continuing to breed tomatoes. 

What I've read on Tomatoville seems pretty good.
I tried to join under the name TripleJ but get no response( like more than a week) from the Admin and no reply.
I'm like stuck in a black hole.

If anybody "knows anybody" over there, or could try to get a message through to them, that "I'm stuck", I'd appreciate it.

I'm about ready to plant out 80-100 plants so I could use some advice on this and that.

JJJessee said:
I tried to join under the name TripleJ but get no response( like more than a week) from the Admin and no reply.

If anybody "knows anybody" over there, or could try to get a message through to them, that "I'm stuck", I'd appreciate it.

I'm about ready to plant out 80-100 plants so I could use some advice on this and that.
Maybe post your questions here - there are a few tomato growers on this thread.

I ended up joining tomatoDepot
JJJessee said:

I think everything is on hold - I ended up joining TomatoDepot
ulismom said:
Maybe post your questions here - there are a few tomato growers on this thread.

I agree post your question here, there is a lot of overlaping members on these boards.

Martin

the problem with tomatoville is the lack of search engine. perhaps you have to be a member for that feature but i have so many other memberships now, it is not that important to me.

doing basic google searches that return searches, they tend to lead to nothing, so a whole bunch of people saying they will follow up on subjects and then nothing for years, i think our Growing Other/tomatoes is a better option!

XLNT said:

I read a lot since apparently my approval process is taking awhile.  

No doubt, I registered there third week of April and still can't see the pictures or post or reply. I did send an email to the 'contact us'. I suppose everyone is just busy out in the garden. You get approved yet?

No doubt, I registered there third week of April and still can't see the pictures or post or reply. I did send an email to the 'contact us'. I suppose everyone is just busy out in the garden. You get approved yet?[/quote

I am still waiting

EricBee said:
Anyone know if they stopped accepting members? I'm hoping to get in on the mystery mail seed exchange.

He is kinda slow sometimes processing the new members. I think he is a full time farmer and is very busy this time of year.  Far as I know, tomatoville is his donation to his fellow man and woman. Did you notice that there are NO ads on tomatoville?  And no membership dues. That money has to come from somewhere.

I joined Tomatoville a few weeks ago but am still waiting for full membership, alas.

I expect to grow about 25 varieties of tomatoes this year including some new dwarves for the first time.

Smiles Max

i signed up in early spring and kept going back to check my status but kept getting the message that i don`t have authorization to view photos and stopped checking. maybe he has gotten around to it by now.

Back