• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any Truck/Cars guys here?

I know nothing about trucks but i have started to notice a weird creeking sound comming from the rear of the truck near the passangers side rear wheel. It has been getting worse i went under the truck today and this is what i found.

I will post two pictures one of the good side and one of the broken side one part is complety broken off from the frame of the truck! We have been driving the truck but slow and are asking you guys do you think its safe to still drive for a few more days? And what do you think the cost to fix this would be? Its an older truck for sure 1994 ford ranger.

Thanks.

The Broken Side: ( you can see its broken right off and is much higher than it should be)

The Not Broken Side:

How far are you driving? Best to do it right away, but it's defiantly a weekend job?

http://www.ranger-forums.com/suspension-tech-36/help-how-remove-install-leaf-spring-hanger-112901/

10 to 15 mins to work and back. Thanks for the reply and the link $600 seems to be what people are saying. Its great this happenes on Friday night and this is the long weekend in Canada as we all get off July 1st.

$600 for a broken Leaf Spring bracket???? holy crap.
It doesn't look bolted on, it looks riveted.

Sorry for your bad news. get it fixed tho, pronto!
and you will probably need new rear shock absorbers after riding around on the one shock for awhile.

Thanks for the reply's guys i haven't called for a repair yet and i will soon i have been driving it to and from work but slow and easy that's for sure. Its been getting worse and needs a fix asap i guess its the risk of buying used.

I wouldnt drive it - get a leaf spring from a bone yard asap its not a bad job - Bolts can be a bit rough to get off

Back