• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
The Whisper 60 wasnt quite enough to run 2 lines. DWC stone works great but the drip ring output is very very poor. Even took it all apart and back together. So, i can run 2 pumps or get a pump that moves more air. I got a good Woozoo fan and the room is the coolest part of the house. Very easy for me to run an air vent to it also. I got a vent run i capped off about 8ft from the grow.

ATM Costco has some nice size totes on sale. Yellow lids but black tote. What parts did you use to make yours? The new pump could easily handle a tote grow that size.

On a side not my local rec shop got in some MoDank BubbleBerry. That was the 3rd strain my buddy grew years and years ago. LOVED IT.

Last edited:
That's cool, give it a shot. Wherever you put that air pump, make sure no pets or children can get at it. I mean it when I say the thing gets hot - it will literally burn you if you touch it during operation. I've got eight 4W dual output air pumps hanging in my tent. That's been the coolest and quietest configuration for me, and there's lots of redundancy, so fail-safe.

Totes are good if your vertical space is limited. I only use them in those situation because they're a bitch to empty (I pump out the fluid for changes - it sucks). Mind the volume on those; they can get pretty big, which means a lot of water to move for nute changes. Be sure to leak test them.

Edit: What drip ring?

Last edited:
Pump seems fine. Touched it after a few minutes and its only warm. Aimed my Woozoo fan at it on low to be on the safe side. The pump did the trick too. The cheap little 6 port manifold worked but its pretty darn cheap. I have a 4" round stone in there. Its huge. I dont think the other pump was enough air to handle both. A couple adjustments on the manifold and both work now.

Sitting about 6ft away i can certainly hear it and the Whisper is nearly silent. If you add some short tubing and a prefilter to it they will quiet down a little more. A short section of tube even helps. The gurgling from the drip is probably louder :P

Last edited:
Pretty sure, after looking at how the "lift tube" works i can make a better one with PVC and PEX tubing. I grabbed a couple shorter 1/2" ID pieces and some fittings to tinker with it. I got enough good stuff for air supply lines already.

Last edited:
I can't get cannabis to grow for shit outside. I think it's just too damned hot here in the summer. We often have a solid two or three weeks of 40°C+; nothing likes that except the wiregrass.

Growing up, our farm had many acres of "hemp" growing. Plants well over 10ft tall and buds bigger around than your arm.....You could smoke it all and probably never get high. All you had to do is look for RR tracks and a creek. Back before they banned hemp in the USA, it was transported on RR cars and spread from there.

One border of the farm were the tracks and the other a creek. Stand at the intersection and look down both. It was hemp as far as you could see.

Last edited:
Finally worked out why my tent's been so ugly lately. Turns out my water meter was factory-calibrated for EC and TDS, but NOT pH. The shitty Engrish instructions that came with it were misleading to say the least.

So I got a new meter calibrated and things are growing right again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't get cannabis to grow for shit outside. I think it's just too damned hot here in the summer. We often have a solid two or three weeks of 40°C+; nothing likes that except

I use HID lamps for indoor so it's too darn hot to grow indoor in the summers here.

We mostly use our outdoor patches for testing the seeds we produce and cross Etc....

A huge amount of the OD weed is just turned into bubble hash, but think more industrial than the usual bubble hash rigs you've seen.

So I got a new meter calibrated and things are growing right again.

Hope you picked up one that can be calibrated at home.

I'm a big fan of bluelab, they're a little more expensive but I'm still using the same EC meter 23 years later. I took it in to the shop because I wanted them to check the calibration. The guys eyes went wide when he saw how low the serial number was and it was fine.

Do you guys trim any fan leaves this young or wait?.....To me it looks like removing 1 set that is shading some of the lower might be good? The plant in the pic is a little over a foot tall and about a foot wide.

Last edited:
Do you guys trim any fan leaves this young or wait?.....To me it looks like removing 1 set that is shading some of the lower might be good? The plant in the pic is a little over a foot tall and about a foot wide.

I wouldn't take any yet. Tuck the big fans under the new growth when you visit the tent for now.

Picture-perfect, btw! Looking good.

Last edited:
Back