• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
I just ran back thru my notes...I did not top the 2 RKO in the tent. The main cola is starting to fatten up a little and im sure it will be ready before the lower buds. I could drop the light quite a bit if i can harvest just the top few inches earlier than the rest.

Any reason NOT TO harvest the main cola when its ready and let the rest finish later?

BTW, Vevor also sells tents with 2000D fabric and 22mm poles...Cheap too

Last edited:
Im getting quite a few buds that LOOK ready but my gut is tell me they will still get a bit larger if i leave them alone another week or two. Ive also noticed what might be 2 phenos in the RKO. Buds dont look the same but everything else about them was the same. One has many buds close to ripe and the other has lots of milky white buds with little orange yet.

how are you determining the "doneness"?
Combination of the amount of orange vs white hairs and trichome color. Not realy having much leaf die off yet so its still got time. I think we are at day 32 or 33 into flowering?? Not seeing any or very little amber in the trichomes yet. My eyes are kinda crap though even with a loop. The cam macro shots help.

Looks to me like they are still putting on weight so aside from a taste im leaving them alone awhile.

EDIT: they went on 12/12 at 6-28-2023

Last edited:
Aren't autoflowers soley based on time?

I have only grown them once but they came with a timeframe. when that time was up, they were done.

They're solely time-based in that they flower after a couple weeks regardless of photoperiod. Growing conditions will still affect their performance and total time to ripen.

The last pics are of Triple Sec. Probably a regular seed from 707 SeedBank. I find that a tad odd since it was from an 1/8th or 1/4 of dispensary bud that was quite good. One of the first legal bags i bought. The description matches 707 and NOT the feminized version of it. Very uncommon strain.

Lemon Tree #4 x Kush Cleaner

The fem version has totally different genetics and breeder.

And the MoDank vendor description matches 707's genetics. Just sounded weird they would use regular seeds for a large commercial grow like that. My next round after i get the outside plants done will all be autos.

Tomorrow i will bring at least 1 RKO outside but i want to get two pics. One of each plant because i think the phenos are slightly different. Bud structure and ripening look a little different. Hoping real sunlight brings that out a little more.

Last edited:
Tomorrow i will bring at least 1 RKO outside but i want to get two pics. One of each plant because i think the phenos are slightly different. Bud structure and ripening look a little different. Hoping real sunlight brings that out a little more.
Got them outside just after sunrise. I found the cultivators link on Instagram. He mentions the multiple phenos this cross is making. His newest version is RKO Purple...i think. One is quite a bit more orange and the other is still cranking out white to a creamy green pistils. Shows up well in the real sunlight.

Last edited:
I’m slowly getting there, seaflo 33 plumbed up with a sprinkler valve to automate watering. Just need to run back to HD for a few 1/2” fittings I forgot. I should be ready for clones by end of week. Athena slow af to ship so they will be my most limiting factor. Once I can afford a second light I’ll ditch the 5x5 and go to a 4x8 table. I’m already getting annoyed working with the tent and I don’t even have plants in it yet lol

IMG_7353.jpeg

Back