• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
so autos give the same buzz as photo peroids?
and them leds work as well as hid?
because they are mixed with ruderalis to get the autoflower attribute they produce less bud of a lesser quality than standard seeds of the same strain.

IME, to get an LED comparable to a 1000W HID you need to spend a lot of money and they still draw a lot of power. I have friends who have gone LED and all of them have had to replace their units as a driver goes or the diodes start to fail. I assume this is because of how close to the heat source this equipment is. I have a 25 year old magnetic HID ballast that still works and a few year old electronic HID ballast that runs super cool and in another room away from the heat source. both only require a new bulb once the output starts to drop.

dmp.JPG

this is from a grow years ago. hoping my state goes home grown very soon.

so autos give the same buzz as photo peroids?
and them leds work as well as hid? i been out the loop for years

Gorgeous!

Autos have come a long way and are now just as tasty and potent as photos. I recently set a personal heat press record with a 29.4% yield from a Grape OG auto. (That flower never yielded less than 26% - a very successful plant, indeed.)

LEDs do just fine for me. It's been many years since I've used HID lights. I worried constantly about fire hazard.

This is the Liquid Sunshine that Jay came up with. The one i popped is doing great too.

i been seeking the road kill skunk .

over the years i tended to grow out the stinkest strains, never came close to the sweet stink of the rks.

i still have some of the purple seeds ( grand daddy purple?), once it becomes legal to home grow here i hope to bring her back.

Purple Kush
I traded for some Kandy Kush the other day. It has the most wonderful flavor too.

All the girls got MEGACROP 4grams per gal and a little top dressing of Chick N Poo. The Bruce Banner auto is growing really strange imo too. Like its being LSTed without any training by me. I will get a pics of it later and may need to get more of the BB Blimburn seeds. REALLY like the way its growing without intervention.

Liquid Sunshine is very happy atm but getting hungry. Just for grins im seeing how much i can get from a 1gallon pot and MEGACROP with a little seaweed powder. I really had no plans on running any fems this winter but that was before i managed to get the seeds.
qBYCNDc.jpg

Last edited:
Back