• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think this is the week I do a harvest. A lot of leaves are yellowing, plants starting to lean over.

zzz1.jpg
zzz2.jpg
zzz3.jpg

This has been fun. Sixty-some years old and I finally plant a seed. Still not sure what to do with it, but a friend has offered to trade for edible CBG. That sounds like an acceptable exchange....The wife certainly won't miss the smell, she thinks the walls & ceiling have been impregnated with it, the aroma is strong with this grow. I sincerely doubt we'll need to wash walls...:seeya:

A grower from Pueblo stopped by with the guy who supplied my seed.

Two pieces of info: 1) It's not ready yet, another 2 weeks minimum, and 2) He determined the strain to be Blue Dream, which may as well be Bugtussel Horseshoe, for all I would know.

But ok, another couple weeks it will be...

And me, remembrin' before dope had pedigrees....

Plants like this were basically mythical to us when I was coming up - the stuff of magazine covers and cousins' roommates' best friends. Brick weed is what there was; we were happy when it was green and knew better than to ask how old it might have been, lol.

This is cool. What is this set up called?

Thanks! Dunno.. "Zeke," let's say. :hi:

It's really nothing too special, just a couple reservoirs with airstones. I use these conical fermenters instead of buckets because they're way easier to sample, drain, and refill. They come with the (actually very nice) ball valves you see at the bottom. On top is my.. fifth-(I think)generation 3D printed net cup that incorporates the lid for opacity, a port for filling, airline holes, and arms for low stress training. I think I've got a picture of one; I'll edit from my phone if I can find it.

Can't find a photo of the latest version, and they're presently all in use. Here's the previous version before I started printing the whole lid - it's very similar. I don't use the Hydroton under the Grodan cube anymore as I found it to be unnecessary.

20210713_192358.jpg

20210713_192346.jpg

Last edited:

Beauty Unc. This picture alone makes me wish I didn't live in my holier-than-thou, hypocritical, redneck/fascist state. They can still take your property down here but as a consolation prize, they can give you a rent-free place to live for 99 years. Even though there are plenty of spots within a few hundred yards of my back door available for guerrilla farming, I'm not interested in that much of that kind of risky exercise.

Beauty Unc. This picture alone makes me wish I didn't live in my holier-than-thou, hypocritical, redneck/fascist state. They can still take your property down here but as a consolation prize, they can give you a rent-free place to live for 99 years. Even though there are plenty of spots within a few hundred yards of my back door available for guerrilla farming, I'm not interested in that much of that kind of risky exercise.

I don't blame you in the least, Dub. The laws here in Virginia used to call for crucifixion, too. I spent a fortune and conducted all sorts of paranoid logistics to forestall any potential legal problems over the years. Just ridiculous. All I ever wanted was to be allowed to provide for myself. Since I have (finally) been, the only time I ever have cannabis outside the house is when I take little gram bags out with me to give away to folks I meet on my errands and such (Virginia law allows gifts of up to an ounce between adults 21 and older), in which I just delight - it really brightens people's day.

Back