• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody grow Pepino - Solanum muricatum?

POTAWIE said:
I've been wanting to grow these for some time, but haven't got around to sourcing seeds. Has anybody grown these and can anyone recommend a good seed source.

http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/pepino.htm
Maybe I'll just order seeds from them

Would you bring it indoors without cutting it back in the winter? It says it can take 9 to 12 months to fruit.

I vote that you grow them so you can give the rest of us some hints.

Sounds interesting potawie. I can't wait til I finally have a house, I have a "to grow" list about a mile long and this one is on it now.

I have some seeds that I got from ebay, I have germinated a few already, they were quite easy. I can send you some if you like, just PM if your interested.

I thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one.

Well thanks for the seeds twang, I ended up with three good plants. I didn't take care of them much at all and they are producing fairly well. I think I'll only overwinter my biggest plant this year since I'll be running out of room indoors very soon. I'm not quite sure when the fruits are ripe, anybody know a way to tell without sampling

3997143495_55b1f5f6c1.jpg

Back