• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody like to go backpacking?

Just for a laugh, some of you that have actually hiked the PCT should read this book. The author is so woefully prepared for this trip it is pathetic. She is a moron.

41p1ldx9y-L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I like a little bit of both, but definitely try to research hotels before staying there, if possible.  And if you winter pack, there aren't any bugs at all.

Essegi said:
Do gastronomic walks count?

It's short and not really backpacking, but i'd like to do that one: Road of 52 tunnels

Btw, recently i've not backpacked a lot, it's a month i nearly feel the physical need for a good high mountain walk far from all...
reminds me of that abandoned highway on the East Coast of the US that some people bike on.

where I used to hike- Shenandoah National Park up on the Appalachian Trail (1 hr from Washington, D.C.), the tunnel under Mary's Rock constructed by the WPA I believe in the 1930's, and my boots (Vasque Superhiker II's)   :D Two pics on the top are from 30 yrs ago, taken w/ those disposable film cameras of yore ;)

11879082846_143cc555a6.jpg
11878234635_af9fb90abf.jpg

11878528733_14859ffebf.jpg
11878685244_29f3c3a084.jpg

Today i had the chance to enjoy a mountain walk to Passo di Campogrosso...
Some shots:

Sisilla:

There were lots of birds and a guy that started to climb...

Of course food is important:

Yesterday i made 3 panuozzo for today's trip (pizza like sandwich, Naples recipe, bread homemade by me), with some excellent barbera to drink at 1457 m from sea level.
Awesome weather, very hot (5°C at that sea level at 3 pm, in the shade of refuge Campogrosso), but little snow.
I'm severely out of shape but that was good!

Back