• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anyone buy plants from Hirt's?

I bought some tomato plants from them early this summer. USPS smashed the box flat. I reported it to Hirts. They didn't email back or call back, but the next thing I knew, there was a replacement box waiting for me(3 days later). The plants did pretty well. I had to give them away. The ones I know of are still doing well.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually wondering if their hot pepper plants are the real deal. I don't want any fake Scotch Bonnets, for example.

Ordered Mucho Nacho Jal plants from them. They came fast and in good condition and are growing true and producing decently. I haven't ordered any other plants but i got some Black Sea Man tomato seeds from them, the fruit was supposed to be black but they are bright red.

They are still illegally using my BigBang naga pic and saying its a naga morich serpent chile:( I've asked them to stop stealing and misinforming but so far they haven't replied. Please don't order from these theives!!

I've bought some seeds. They germinated okay and seemed to be what they were supposed to be.

But customer service is not that impressive. I ordered a "5 favorite peppers" variety pack where the seeds were dyed to distinguish the different varieties. But there was no key which was which, and when I asked them about it they couldn't help, nor did they seem the least bit apologetic.

THP, a friend of mine bought a lot of plants from Crosscountry Nursery(CHILEPLANTS.com) and they seem to be thriving. What does Hirts have that CrossCountry doesn't?

POTAWIE said:
They are still illegally using my BigBang naga pic and saying its a naga morich serpent chile:( I've asked them to stop stealing and misinforming but so far they haven't replied. Please don't order from these theives!!

That sucks that they're using your picture w/o permission. They are automatically out in my book.

I just got this reply after e-mailing them again:)
"Derek,
Please provide me with the url and the specific picture that is in question. All of our pictures are purchased from reliable sources, or are taken by ourselves, or we have permission to use the pictures. Also please provide evidence that you are the owner of the picture in question.
jim hirt"

Almost sounds like somebody stole the picture from you and sold it to Hirts as their own. At least Jim is responsive and not ignoring you.

I dunno if this is the the same "Hirts" that is here locally or not....if they are then they be good.......I think it is the same.

I ordered seeds from them in June and have yet to recieve them, or let alone a response from them as to what was going on. I had to go through my credit card company to have the charges reversed. They also could never get a response from them as to what happened. I will never deal with them again.

That's good to hear POTAWIE. Did you have to provide the proof or did they finally take your word for it?

Does the Chiliman know his pic is up there?

I bought a Bhut Jolokia 3" plant from them, but it died due to my own ignorance. I bought two Naga Morich plants from them and they both grew to adulthood quite happily and currently one of them has about 20 still-green Nagas on it. I bought a Fatalii 3" plant from them and they sent me four of them.

I've had good luck with their speed of service and their plants so far. They ship from Ohio to California pretty fast.

bigt said:

My Bigbang naga pic was apparently removed but the chileman's pic is still there. I'll e-mail mark when I have a chance to see if he is aware of this. Now I have to check Hirts' e-bay sites again and see if the pic was removed from there too:(

I bought 2 bhuts from them that turned out to be orange habanero.

I was in no hurry buy from them again, but it's interesting everyone else has had positive experiences.

Back