• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Anyone grill a big filet mignon

I got a last minute text from my mom to cook a filet today.  My sis spent $116 at out local butcher which has great quality meat.  I imaging it is 6-7lbs.  I made a lot of deer and pork loins but never a beef loin.  It is always a pain getting her NG grill to heat up especially when its cold. 

I am undecided on using a black pepper rub and grilling it whole or cutting it up.  For pork I usually use a brown sugar rub.  For deer I like to knock off the sweetness with soy and garlic.  Then the usual cumin, various peppers, garlic, paprika, thyme etc...

I like a good sear on beef but also rare to med rare which might not sit well with the women and kids.  So cutting it up makes sense for med well servings.

Any suggestions?

Just whipped up some butter, rosemary, thyme, parsley and pepper blend that's not to hot....unless you get an evil flake.  I slip it in the food all the time.  She say's "how come I get a bite every once in a while that's really hot".  I smile and just keep steppin it up a lil at a time.

It's called Beef Wellington. You want a good recipe, it's Gordon Ramsay's signature dish.

Thought I saw that when I was flipping through youtube. 

I will have to try that with morels and venison.

BTW Edmick is that postimage.  I need a need host since all my crap in photobucket went down.

Edmick is that your own pic?

Rairdog said:
Thought I saw that when I was flipping through youtube. 

BTW Edmick is that postimage.  I need a need host since all my crap in photobucket went down.

You can upload to THP just look for the paperclip under the full editor.

Rairdog how about an avatar... I feel like we don;t know who you really are!!! :D

The Hot Pepper said:

You can upload to THP just look for the paperclip under the full editor.

I saw you added that feature.  I'm too lazy to dl from phone to pc.  But..I was planning to for next years g-log.

The Hot Pepper said:
Rairdog how about an avatar... I feel like we don;t know who you really are!!! :D

I can never figure out how to resize and pb went down.  I'll work on it boss

Good Lord it exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Just make sure you use a good crab like golden king or snow.

But don't use the best stuff like red king.

You're just bathing it in sauce anyhow.

Save the red king for date night with butter and lemon only.

One time chefly told me that our order of king crab got scratched.

He suggested we sub surimi instead.

"You're fired!"

Rairdog said:

I can never figure out how to resize and pb went down.  I'll work on it boss

I used postimage.org to do my avatar, when u upload a photo there are a bunch of different formats to choose from underneath

Back