• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone Grow Bonda Mahala?

I bought some seeds from Refining Fire Chiles and God bless them, they included some Bonda Mahala seeds to try.  I had never heard of them and didn't find too much info online.  Just read what RFC said about them.  Anyone want to share insight/experience with this pepper? Heat level? productive?

I'm growing it right now.  It's an awesome pepper.  Heat level and flavor seem to be right in the middle of a Yellow 7-Pot and Bonda ma Jacques.

Just checked the RFC site, and mine seem to look more like a 7-Pot than their picture, which looks pretty similar to my Bonda ma Jacques.  I don't think it is totally stable yet.  I got seeds in a seeds train last year, I think they were labeled as F4.

I've been growing them for a few years now after being introduced to them by windchicken. An absolute must grow for me. Flavour is amazing, heat is generally not too bad. Most years for me have seen them closer to bonda ma Jacques heat than 7 pot level (although both myself and Gary found them hotter than usual this year). Productive enough for me to get enough pods to use for 1/2 of the powder blend I use for my homemade Cajun seasoning that is in constant use in my house from 2 plants this year.

Back