• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Anyone have any great Serrano pepper recipes? Going to be a lot of 'em this year!

Hello fellow THP'ers!

Looks like it is going to be a banner year for serranos for me. Last year I tested a serrano plant in the outdoor hydro system I really scaled up this year. It yielded a total of 42 lbs (not a misprint) over the course of the season. This year I put out almost 50 serranos, and right now they are starting to push out peppers - loads of 'em. so I'm going to have a LOT. The system is much more tightly regulated and performing better, combined with better weather so I expect I'll have over one ton of them over 3 or so months.

Usually I make a lot of salsa and pickled serranos. Besides those two uses, does anyone out there have some good ideas for sauces or recipes in which I could use all these serranos? I've got pretty much all the equipment to make anything here food-wise so sky's the limit.

Really appreciate your help, and I thank the kind gentleman from MidWest ChiliHeads on THP who generously gave me these awesome serrano seeds this past winter that are giving me better quality and hotter peppers than last season.

Back