misc Anyone have experience using WooCommerce?

Hey all, 

I am knee-deep in prepping for website launch, but I am stuck on a shipping function with WooCommerce, and my web designer/developer does not include assistance with this. 

Anyone out there have any experience in setting up flat rate shipping?

Thanks!
David
Hellraising Hot Sauce

I use WP and WooComerce.  I have had no issues with it, infact I found it pretty easy.  Maybe because I have a technical mind after 20 years in IT, I dunno.  The plugins are as you expect, some great ideas, but the popular/beneficial ones cost money.  Example: dynamic shipping by weight, per carrier, or if you want seamless processing, etc.  But that may be for any cart.

PepperDaddy said:
I have not used WooCommerce but what I am using probably works in a similar way.  I have a USPS module that cost about $15 and it has several shipping options.  I use the weight option.  So a bottle of hot sauce weighs 0.75 pounds.  If there are three bottles (2.25 pounds) I can bubble wrap them and fit them in a small free USPS box. This fits inside a free USPS padded envelope.  Flat rate $5.70 anywhere in the country.

Want to save more money/your customers more money?  If the package is less than 1 pound, put that entire box into a soft Tyvek Priority Envelope.  The papery kind that's about 12x15" with the self adhesive pull strip.  That's $5.05 instead of $5.70 online, saves you 65 cents.  Because it's priority, you get the priority weight, but if you get too heavy, since it's not flat rate, you won't benefit.  I think this works for 1 or 2 bottles, and may depend on which zone you ship to.

I use this to send 1 bottle samples out instead of the flat rate.  And for that I steal the UPS padded mailers, roll it into a cylendar and stick it in the USPS tyvek envelope.  It's also waterproof, so it will contain leaks.  Something to consider for containment as well.

Back