• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Anyone purchase pods from redsavina.com?

I recently purchased 4 ounces of dried red savina pods and was worried about losing my $20 or so. I just got a weird feeling so I googled them and couldn't find any info about them.

Long story short I received my 4 packages containing what is supposed to be containing 1 ounce each.

However when I weighed them they totaled out at just over 2 ounces. :/

first lesson , buy from a reputable seller ! theres plenty here .  sorry about your loss . shame that there idiots out there looking to rob a person blind !    :onfire:

first lesson , buy from a reputable seller ! theres plenty here .  sorry about your loss . shame that there idiots out there looking to rob a person blind !    :onfire:

I knew about rule number one but didn't follow it. My fault. I was just desperate for those pods for my powder batch.

I tried reaching out here but nothing came through.

If you know anyone, please let me know. Thank you.

jointeffort said:
I knew about rule number one but didn't follow it. My fault. I was just desperate for those pods for my powder batch.

I tried reaching out here but nothing came through.

If you know anyone, please let me know. Thank you.
what were you looking for ?

Sadistic Peppers (Paul) may have some Yellow Moruga powder and I can attest that it's REALLY good!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check them out!

However, my recipe does call for moruga (I'm good on those at the moment), but it also calls for red savina which I cannot find anywhere but that rip off website.

Next order of moruga goes to sadistic peppers. ;)

what were you looking for ?

Red savinas, fresh, dried or powdered.

red savina is that the member here by the same name?

It's a website. All they sell is red savina products: dried pods, powders etc.

Total basic website and when paying via PayPal, your receipt has a name of "inter-payments " or something like that which after checking, seems to be the default name when vendors don't identify themselves.

Note the logo and that TM next to the logo.  One or two things seem to be going on here.  Either you are saying you got ripped off by Frank Garcia Jr. (copyright owner and developer of the pepper), Mr. Garcia's licensed dealer is screwing up his reputation, or someone is ripping off Mr. Garcia.

Jointeffort, could you share the return address with us.  Maybe it is Mr. Garcia and maybe it isn't.  If it is not Mr. Garcia, then I really think it would be a good idea to let Mr. Garcia know someone is screwing over his name. 

redsavinapepper.jpg

On the member name thing: Red Savina is the name of a pepper.  Yes, there is a member here with that name.  There is also a member here with the name Moruga in his name.  It does not mean there is a connection.  It likely means a member likes the Red Savina pepper (like me, nums).

Seriously, before this gets ugly lets see if the reputation of a very reputable man is being tarnished by a site that indicates a link to him by using his trade marked term "Red Savina Habanero".  The guy named the thing after his mother.  Probably a stand up sort of guy.

Note the logo and that TM next to the logo.  One or two things seem to be going on here.  Either you are saying you got ripped off by Frank Garcia Jr. (copyright owner and developer of the pepper), Mr. Garcia's licensed dealer is screwing up his reputation, or someone is ripping off Mr. Garcia.

Jointeffort, could you share the return address with us.  Maybe it is Mr. Garcia and maybe it isn't.  If it is not Mr. Garcia, then I really think it would be a good idea to let Mr. Garcia know someone is screwing over his name. 

redsavinapepper.jpg

Holy crap. I hope it's not him. Didn't make the connection.

I am not home right now and even if I was it wouldn't make a difference. Yesterday was trash day and the shipping box was in the recycling bin.

I think the return address was possibly Kansas? But am not 100% sure.

I don't want to say I was intentionally ripped off either. I just know I was short on the product I bought.

That's why my first thought was coming here for feedback before responding to their support email address

Jointeffort, either intentional or not you got ripped off.  Nothing wrong with sharing that at all.  I just saw that big old TM and started thinking.  URL and trademark much different.  I think CarolinaReaper.com is owned by Jim Duffy / Refining Fire Chiles but you dont see the trademarked name or the big TM next to the short name on the site.  That banner on the Red Savina site really sticks out.  If they are not the trademark owner, they are certainly causing confusion.

Jointeffort, either intentional or not you got ripped off.  Nothing wrong with sharing that at all.  I just saw that big old TM and started thinking.  URL and trademark much different.  I think CarolinaReaper.com is owned by Jim Duffy / Refining Fire Chiles but you dont see the trademarked name or the big TM next to the short name on the site.  That banner on the Red Savina site really sticks out.  If they are not the trademark owner, they are certainly causing confusion.
Thanks. I just didn't want to stir up trouble. But you're right. I did get ripped off I guess.

1) Order 4 oz of pods
2) Receive 2 oz
3) Contact store and tell them you received 2 oz and are disappointed

If you skipped step 3 I'm not sure why you are asking for help here. Common sense. Don't get what your ordered, contact who you ordered from. 

1) Order 4 oz of pods
2) Receive 2 oz
3) Contact store and tell them you received 2 oz and are disappointed

If you skipped step 3 I'm not sure why you are asking for help here. Common sense. Don't get what your ordered, contact who you ordered from. 

I wanted to see if anyone had done business with them before I sent an email. Of course I will do step 3. I just wanted to ask questions first before I shoot.

Too many people shoot first.
you could order 4 more oz's then you'll get 2 and you'll have your 4 oz.   :rofl:    j.k. bro

I thought about it actually. Lol.

Too may people shoot first? You are doing it backward.

Contact them FIRST!

If you order an iPhone and get a Samsung do you ask people on a forum if they got a Samsung, or do you contact them? Why different with pods?

If they can't help you, then post here and let us know.

You are potentially giving them a bad name before even contacting them and giving them a chance to rectify. 

Too may people shoot first? You are doing it backward.

Contact them FIRST!

If you order an iPhone and get a Samsung do you ask people on a forum if they got a Samsung, or do you contact them? Why different with pods?

If they can't help you, then post here and let us know.

You are potentially giving them a bad name before even contacting them and giving them a chance to rectify. 

You're right. I apologize.

Back