• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone still growing the SB7J?

I have One plant growing too. It took a month long break with no growth, but it just put out a large leaf! :)

Patrick, I didn't grow them this year due to remodelers in the house and health but will grow out the seeds I have from you for next year's crop.  I'd have to find the package to see when you sent them, I have several packs of seeds from you from a few years back.  I'll let you know how they do.

I have one in the ground, no pods yet but large healthy leaves.
Jerry
LrhisUj.jpg
hIxYx3G.jpg

I'd be interested to kno where I could get ahold of some of these seeds. I'm not well known here, but I've got a year long growing season, and I do very will with organic grows. By next year, I could be sending out the next 2 generations...

Please feel free to PM me, if you could hook me up. Something red and delicious in the Scotch Bonnet family suits me very well.

Terravexti said:
Here is my first of the SB7J pod of the year. I'm kepping these seeds!

Awesome shape Terra! That's what I'm going for with the ones I'm growing. Was your source from me or someone else? It's impossible to tell because a lot of them are similar. This making me wonder about naming when we stabilize them. What generation are they? I might want to do a trade in Sept. Sadly I forgot to replace SB7Js that I killed over the winter. I only have a small plant in an Aerogarden.

Edit: I was reading older posts in this thread and it looks like you got em from King. Looks like the shape I'm going for isn't too unique.

peppernovice said:
I tried my first pod a few days ago. It was awesome. Good heat and great flavor! What did you think?

Tim
That looks great. Lots of placenta! Certainly a keeper.

Howdy Gang!

Long time no stop by, my apologies. Terravexti that is a great looking pepper congrats. I'm stoked to see people still growing this pepper. 

As for different shapes it was never stabilized when I sent out the first seeds so who knows. The original ones reminded me of the grass huts on the TV show Giligan's Island and others said they reminded them of a mushroom cloud. 

I have a plant or two growing but lots of issues so not sure if I'll get many pods this year. My own fault, too busy doing other silly things.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive and best of luck to all of you!

I recieved seeds from KingDenniz and the plants have turned into large, awesome pod producing machines.  I battled a calcium issue earlier in the season, but it's been smooth sailing since then.  Mine are flat, mushroom shaped with a great overall flavor and heat.  

SB7J.png

Almost 11oz plucked from one plant tonight.  The plants are so loaded that the branches are starting to droop due to the weight and I'm concerned that one may snap soon.  

Thanks for the seeds Denniz...awesome pepper!

Awesomeness ignite. ... Patrick. I ha e some seeds from the yellow sbj7.. if you'd like seeds. Let me know... if anyone else is looking for the sbj7 seeds I have plenty more to share. ...
Ignite said:
I recieved seeds from KingDenniz and the plants have turned into large, awesome pod producing machines.  I battled a calcium issue earlier in the season, but it's been smooth sailing since then.  Mine are flat, mushroom shaped with a great overall flavor and heat.  

SB7J.png

Almost 11oz plucked from one plant tonight.  The plants are so loaded that the branches are starting to droop due to the weight and I'm concerned that one may snap soon.  

Thanks for the seeds Denniz...awesome pepper!
I am glad and honored. Someone whom I sent seeds to grew them out...
Terravexti said:
Here is my first of the SB7J pod of the year. I'm kepping these seeds!
Texas. The ones silver surfer sent me more like that. A little more pimply
All in all we have Patrick to thank for this great peoper

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Awesomeness ignite. ... Patrick. I ha e some seeds from the yellow sbj7.. if you'd like seeds. Let me know... if anyone else is looking for the sbj7 seeds I have plenty more to share. ...
PM Sent...

Wow my pods have not gotten any color yet, but I'm amazed at all the different shapes here for this cross. Really like the flat mushroom types by Denniz. That's flatter then my Mushrooms or Starfish. I think I would have to find the shape that had the best taste to single out. Anyways these are my SBJ7's.

Back