• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Anyone tried "Wicked Cactus" Sauces yet??

I came across this company while killing time on the internet... but they sure do sound tempting... not to mention have some variety and focus on flavour rather than nasty extracts and horrible ingredients to just make them hot...

If you tried them.. are they as good as they appear to be? and how true is the heat level on them?

I've enjoyed there sauce quite a bit! Great Guys. The Salsa, Sangre del Sol is AMAZING, very tasty, bold heat, light smokey backnotes. Won Best Salsa at Weekend of Fire. The Creole Demon Sauce is one of my favorites, not a lot of heat, but the flavor is awesome. I also really enjoy the Wrath sauce. That one is killer. They are all good!

We have links to all our reviews on our website. The Eat More Heat special has all 9 of our hot sauces for $55 including shipping should you want to try them yourself!

I have actually tried most of the Wicked Cactus Sauces. As far as my opinions are concerned, you have to understand that I was strictly looking for a new condiment to replace Tapatio. I wanted something with a bit of a unique subtle flavor and, hopefully, quite a bit more heat. I also love my tortilla chips and salsa, and had heard great things about their Sangre del Sol.

Sangre del Sol: Great color, moderate to finely minced as opposed to chunky. The first thing I noticed after opening was how thick the salsa was. It kinda put me off a little as it reminded me a bit of the consistency of marinara. It still looked gorgeous. On first taste...I think it's a bit much on the tomato and garlic...but then a nice smooth burn comes in and levels it out...and then lingers and burns a bit longer. The burn doesn't really punch you in the face, but it isn't going away and will definitely build exponentionally as you enjoy more. Overall, I don't think I will get this again, but it wasn't bad. A refresh that lays a little bit back on the tomato and garlic, thins the salsa out a little, and possibly a tad more dry bite from the onion would make this a great sauce. This is simply my opinion though as this is an award winning salsa and well worth a look if one is looking to try something new.

Creole Demon: It's not intended to be a 'hot' hot sauce, but it's more versatile than the others. It has an exceptional but subtle flavor that is not overpowering and a light consistency. Good for soup and stocks. Adds a bit of bite and flavor to any heavier dish without overwhelming the essential elements. Really good sauce for both cooking and table use.

Ghost of the Samurai: Great in a stirfry. You can make some fantastic wings out of this sauce as well. It's not really a table condiment, but it IS fantastic.

Wrath of the Tiger: It's a nice sauce as well. Works great on wings and ribs. You can also throw together a crockpot and mix it in with some swedish meatballs for a party. They will disappear immediately...not a table sauce really...though it does have a bit of a heavy pepper flavor, so people that like to douse their pizza in red pepper might consider using this in this sense.

Head Hunter's Paradise: People rave about this sauce...but I have no idea what to do with it. I used it when making a bloody mary for a friend as a lark as it just caught my eye as I was building and reaching for tobasco. He loved it. I tried it later and still couldn't figure out what to do with it. Part of a marinade...I dunno.

Aliento del Diablo: Wow. This one is HOT. It's a very dry, immediate, direct heat right of the bat...and then it keeps going and building in the back of your throat and on your tongue. It can be used as a table sauce, though I think it lacks an initial flavor and it's a bit too thick. Aside from that, you can use this in anything to add some punch to a dish or marinade. This will definitely make you flush and sweat in a couple of seconds. Good contender for something in a brutal hot wing eating contest.

So, again, these are just my opinions. Overall, I'd say they are very fine sauces though they have their particular functions, and for some they are very limited. Creole Demon + some of the heat of Aliento del Diablo would be perfect. Fortunately, I can make that happen :).

Indeed, them crazy bastages have some great sauces! I first had the pleasure of trying their entire line of products while at this year's Peppers at the Beach tailgate party.

After more time with the sauces, I'd say Ghost of the Samurai/Wrath of the Tiger to enhance some stirfry and Creole Demon are the only ones worth purchasing. Creole Demon works on everything and has a nice flavor that stands out on any dish without overwhelming the other flavors. Sangre del Sol...I couldn't finish the bottle. It's all tomato and garlic and cilantro and the burn is very light. It looks and tastes like a spicy marinara sauce. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Creole Demon is a must buy table sauce in my opinion, and Ghost of the Samurai/Wrath of the Tiger are musts if you do some stirfry.

They do have some really amazing sauces. And I just don't say that because they're fellow Missouri Boyz...Chris Bintz of WCS really has some talent. :)

I have actually tried most of the Wicked Cactus Sauces. As far as my opinions are concerned, you have to understand that I was strictly looking for a new condiment to replace Tapatio. I wanted something with a bit of a unique subtle flavor and, hopefully, quite a bit more heat. I also love my tortilla chips and salsa, and had heard great things about their Sangre del Sol.

Sangre del Sol: Great color, moderate to finely minced as opposed to chunky. The first thing I noticed after opening was how thick the salsa was. It kinda put me off a little as it reminded me a bit of the consistency of marinara. It still looked gorgeous. On first taste...I think it's a bit much on the tomato and garlic...but then a nice smooth burn comes in and levels it out...and then lingers and burns a bit longer. The burn doesn't really punch you in the face, but it isn't going away and will definitely build exponentionally as you enjoy more. Overall, I don't think I will get this again, but it wasn't bad. A refresh that lays a little bit back on the tomato and garlic, thins the salsa out a little, and possibly a tad more dry bite from the onion would make this a great sauce. This is simply my opinion though as this is an award winning salsa and well worth a look if one is looking to try something new.

Creole Demon: It's not intended to be a 'hot' hot sauce, but it's more versatile than the others. It has an exceptional but subtle flavor that is not overpowering and a light consistency. Good for soup and stocks. Adds a bit of bite and flavor to any heavier dish without overwhelming the essential elements. Really good sauce for both cooking and table use.

Ghost of the Samurai: Great in a stirfry. You can make some fantastic wings out of this sauce as well. It's not really a table condiment, but it IS fantastic.

Wrath of the Tiger: It's a nice sauce as well. Works great on wings and ribs. You can also throw together a crockpot and mix it in with some swedish meatballs for a party. They will disappear immediately...not a table sauce really...though it does have a bit of a heavy pepper flavor, so people that like to douse their pizza in red pepper might consider using this in this sense.

Head Hunter's Paradise: People rave about this sauce...but I have no idea what to do with it. I used it when making a bloody mary for a friend as a lark as it just caught my eye as I was building and reaching for tobasco. He loved it. I tried it later and still couldn't figure out what to do with it. Part of a marinade...I dunno.

Aliento del Diablo: Wow. This one is HOT. It's a very dry, immediate, direct heat right of the bat...and then it keeps going and building in the back of your throat and on your tongue. It can be used as a table sauce, though I think it lacks an initial flavor and it's a bit too thick. Aside from that, you can use this in anything to add some punch to a dish or marinade. This will definitely make you flush and sweat in a couple of seconds. Good contender for something in a brutal hot wing eating contest.

So, again, these are just my opinions. Overall, I'd say they are very fine sauces though they have their particular functions, and for some they are very limited. Creole Demon + some of the heat of Aliento del Diablo would be perfect. Fortunately, I can make that happen :).

Well done! I have never heard of this sauce before but after reading your post it makes me wanna order up a batch!

Back