• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anyone used Azamax?

Mix your own soil and you won't have fungus gnats. If you can't make your soil then open the bags of soil you buy and let them dry in the sun. Gnats don't like dry conditions.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Mix your own soil and you won't have fungus gnats. If you can't make your soil then open the bags of soil you buy and let them dry in the sun. Gnats don't like dry conditions.

I plan to do just that, thank you!! And I will also be amending my watering habits.

I was trying a new method of watering lightly, not soaking, but watering every day. Just as an experiment. 

Result of experiment - plants handled mostly fine - did not wilt ever, not as strong as they would be with normal watering (started to lose that vibrant green in the leaves. And the roots didn't seem to develop as well). LOTS of gnats. All dead now though, gnats that is. Plants alive and healthy now that I am back to my regular watering.

My original theory (coming from hydroponic background) that the constant exposure could be beneficial. But it seems the lack of o2 out-weighed the exposure and the plants would not reach their max potential.

Back